Ripley Wind Power Project
The wind farm includes 38 Enercon E-82 wind turbines, each with two megawatt rated power, 82m rotor diameter and 79m hub height as well as a transmission line and two electrical sub-stations. The wind farm is located on the shores of Lake Huron in Huron-Kinloss Township, approximately 220 kilometres west of Toronto and 140 kilometres north of London.
The project is expected to have the capacity to generate enough zero-emission electricity to power 24,000 homes and offset approximately 66,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually. Project cost is estimated at $176 million Canadian dollars.
- Canadian Wind Energy Association website
- Wind Energy Programs of Natural Resources Canada
- ENERCON homepage
- System Impact Assessment, Aug 2006
- Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) website
- Power Being Generated in Ontario by Site
- "Where is my Electricity Coming From at this Hour? (if I lived in Ontario)" (Canadian Nuclear Society, with data from IESO)