Riverdale High School (Hancock County, Ohio)
|Riverdale High School|
20613 State Route 37
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and White with red trims |
|Athletics conference||Blanchard Valley Conference|
|Athletic Director||Craig Taylor|
Riverdale High School is a public high school near Mount Blanchard in Delaware Township, Hancock County, Ohio, United States. The school system is the result of a consolidation of three school districts. The communities of Forest (in Hardin County), Wharton (in Wyandot County) and Mt. Blanchard (in Hancock County) comprise the school district which consolidated in 1962. It is the only high school in the Riverdale Local Schools district. They currently have a new building that houses k-12.
Riverdale's mascot is the Falcon. Their school colors are royal blue and white with trims of red while their sports conference is Blanchard Valley Conference. Riverdale was previously a co-founding member of the North Central Conference from 1962 until joining the BVC in 2014.
Riverdale was originally part of a group of ten schools that were going to form the Northern 10 Athletic Conference (N10) in 2014-15, ultimately causing the dissolution of the North Central Conference. However, in April 2013, Riverdale was invited to join the Blanchard Valley Conference (BVC), which is primarily made up of other schools located in Hancock County. Riverdale accepted the invitation and could possibly join the BVC before the N10 begins athletic competition.
Notes and references
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "Riverdale High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- Chandler, Joey (December 2, 2011). "North Central Conference to fold: Six NCC members to join new Northern 10 Athletic Conference". Mansfield News Journal. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- Schmidt, Dave (April 22, 2013). "BOE Votes To Join BVC". The Senior Reports. Archived from the original on September 4, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2013.
- "CAUGHT ON TAPE: Teacher Grabs Boy By Face, Slams Him Into Wall". Fox News Insider. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- "Ohio kindergarten teacher arrested after video shows her grabbing boy's face". cleveland. 3 June 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2019.