Delaware Township, Hancock County, Ohio
|Delaware Township, Hancock County, Ohio|
Old grange hall southeast of Mount Blanchard
Location of Delaware Township in Hancock County.
|• Total||31.2 sq mi (80.7 km2)|
|• Land||31.2 sq mi (80.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||837 ft (255 m)|
|• Density||39.4/sq mi (15.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086243|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Amanda Township - northeast
- Richland Township, Wyandot County - east
- Jackson Township, Hardin County - south
- Blanchard Township, Hardin County - southwest
- Madison Township - west
- Jackson Township - northwest
The village of Mount Blanchard is located in northern Delaware Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hancock County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.