Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Xalapa
|Archdiocese of Xalapa|
Arquidiócesis de Xalapa
Catedral Metropolitana de la Immaculada Concepción
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of Jalapa|
|Area||2,370 sq mi (6,100 km2)|
(as of 2006)|
|Established||19 March 1863 (155 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Hipólito Reyes Larios|
|Emeritus Bishops||Sergio Obeso Rivera|
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Xalapa (Latin: Archidioecesis Ialapensis) is a Metropolitan Archdiocese in Mexico, based in the city of Xalapa, Veracruz. It is responsible for the suffragan dioceses of Coatzacoalcos, Córdoba, Orizaba, Papantla, San Andrés Tuxtla, Tuxpan and Veracruz.
- Francisco de Paula Suárez Peredo y Bezares (1863–1869)
- José María Mora y Daza (1870–1884)
- José Ignacio Suárez Peredo y Bezares (1887–1894)
- Joaquín Acadio Pagaza y Ordóñez (1895–1919)
- St. Rafael Guízar Valencia (1919–1938)
- Manuel Pío López Estrada (1939–1968)
- Emilio Abascal y Salmerón (1968–1979)
- Sergio Obeso Rivera (1979–2007)
- Hipólito Reyes Larios (2007–present)
- 19 March 1863: Erected as Diocese of Veracruz-Jalapa (from Antequera-Oaxaca and Tlaxcala).
- 24 November 1922: Territory lost to Papantla.
- 29 June 1951: Elevated as Archdiocese of Veracruz-Jalapa.
- 23 May 1959: Territory lost to San Andrés Tuxtla.
- 9 June 1962: Archdiocese of Jalapa erected; territory lost to Veracruz.
- 15 April 2000: Territory lost to Córdoba.
- 15 April 2000: Territory lost to Orizaba.
- "Archdiocese of Jalapa (Xalapa)". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2007-01-29.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|