Ross Township, Vermilion County, Illinois
Location in Vermilion County
|• Total||43.51 sq mi (112.7 km2)|
|• Land||43.51 sq mi (112.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||682 ft (208 m)|
|• Density||37.2/sq mi (14.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429677|
Ross Township was one of the eight townships created in 1851.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.51 square miles (112.7 km2), all land.
Cities and towns
- Rossville (south three-quarters)
- Rossville Junction
- Grant Township (north)
- Jordan Township, Warren County, Indiana (east)
- South Ross Township (south)
- Butler Township (west)
- Middlefork Township (west)
The township contains four cemeteries: Bethel, Mann's Chapel, Miller and Prairie Chapel.
Airports and landing strips
- James M. Adams Airport
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.