|Full name||Ruon Tongyik|
|Date of birth||28 December 1996|
|Place of birth||Sudan (now South Sudan)|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|2015–2016||Adelaide United NPL||28||(0)|
|2018–2019||Western Sydney Wanderers||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 April 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 January 2018
Born in South Sudan, Tongyik lived there for about three years, and had stayed with relatives in Ethiopia while documents allowing him and his family to move to Australia were processed. Tongyik moved to Australia in 2003, aged 6.
After being named Adelaide United's "Youth Player of the Year", Tongyik joined Melbourne City in July 2016 on a 2-year contract. He made his debut for Melbourne City on 9 December 2016, starting in a match against Sydney FC, playing a calm and composed game.
Western Sydney Wanderers
- Windley, Matt. "Melbourne City defender Ruon Tongyik making great strides". NT News. News Corporation. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "City signs 19-year-old defender". Melbourne City. 8 July 2016.
- "Ruon Tongyik swaps Reds for Melbourne City". SBS. 8 July 2016.
- Gatt, Ray (9 December 2016). "Sydney FC draw with Melbourne City after going a man down". The Australian.
- Lynch, Michael (3 May 2018). "City release five as rebuild for next season begins". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Defender parts ways with Western Sydney Wanderers". FTBL. 2 January 2019.
- "Brisbane Roar sign Charles Lokoli-Ngoy and Ruon Tongyik for rest of the season". Fox Sports. 6 February 2019.
- Ruon Tongyik at Soccerway