Zullo playing for Brisbane Roar in 2008
|Full name||Michael Anthony Zullo|
|Date of birth||11 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Brisbane, Australia|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Left Winger, Left Back|
|2013–2014||→ Adelaide United (loan)||24||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 June 2015 (UTC).
After being signed by the former Brisbane Roar coach Frank Farina on a two-year contract, Zullo played five of the six opening games of the season, coming on as a substitute. On his first eleven debut against Wellington Phoenix, his sixth appearance for Queensland, he scored in the opening minutes of the game and set up a first half added-time goal for fellow youngster and close friend Robbie Kruse. He previously played in the Brisbane Premier League for the Brisbane Strikers During a match against Sydney FC, Zullo limped off the field with a torn thigh muscle which ruled him out for 6 weeks.
At the end of the 2008-09 season, Zullo received offers from Dutch Eredivisie clubs FC Groningen and NEC Nijmegen but declined both offers and cited his preference to stay in the A-League for another season.
On 2 April 2010, along with fellow Roar players, Thomas Oar and Adam Sarota, Zullo joined Dutch side Utrecht on a three-year deal, in a collective transfer deal rumoured to be worth in excess of A$1.8 million. He made his debut for Utrecht in a 1-1 draw with NEC Nijmegen on 28 February 2011, coming off the bench on the 81st minute.
Due to outstanding form since making his debut for Brisbane Roar, Zullo was called up for the first time for the Australia national under-23 football team before their qualifier against Iraq, in which they won 2-0.
He was also a train-on player with the national U-17 squad, the Joeys, at 2005 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Peru.
Zullo has a younger brother, Julian, who appeared in Season 3 of football talent show Football Superstar on Australian television channel Fox8. Zullo also attended Villanova College Coorparoo where he played for the 1st XI football team.
Statistics accurate as of 21 March 2014
|Brisbane Roar total||53||2||7||4||1||0||0||0||0||57||3||7|
- Brisbane Roar profile
- FFA - Olyroo profile
- First Goal against Wellington Phoenix on YouTube
- FC Utrecht profile
- "Brisbane trio sign for FC Utrecht". 2 April 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- Zullo roars into Suncorp" Australian FourFourTwo
- Further month off for injured Zullo Fox Sports
- Zullo Declines To Go Dutch
- (Dutch) Australisch trio tekent contract
- Roar cop triple blow
- "Michael Zullo signs one-year deal with A-League's Melbourne City". abc.net.au. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Socceroos settle for draw in Asian Cup qualifier against Indonesia". AAP (AAP). 29 January 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2009.