|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Spyair in September 2013
Left to right: Momiken, Ike, UZ, Kenta
Spyair (stylized as SPYAIR) is a Japanese rock band from Nagoya, formed in 2005. The band consists of Ike (vocals), UZ (guitar/programming), Momiken (bass) and Kenta (drums).
The band was formed in 2005 and produced and released a number of materials themselves up until 2009 when they signed with the indie label U-Project. While with U-Project, they released the singles "Japanication" and "Kanjō Discord" before signing a major record deal with Sony Music in 2010. Their major debut single, "Liar," was released on August 11 and was used as the theme song for the drama Hammer Session!. Their second major single, "Last Moment," was released on December 1 and was used as the 25th ending song for the anime Bleach.
Spyair's indies debut single "Japanication" was re-released on March 16, 2011, followed by their fourth major single, "Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)," on June 8, which was used as the 17th ending song to the anime Gin Tama. In early 2012, the single "My World" was used as the second ending song for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. The single "0 Game (Love Game)" was used as an official soundtrack for the 2012 film The Amazing Spider-Man in Japan. They also provided the theme song for the second Gin Tama movie, "Genjō Destruction." Their eighth major single "Naked" was released on September 5 and was followed by the announcement of the band's second album, Just Do It, which features 12 tracks including their last three singles.
In October, Enzel announced that he would be leaving the band after their Nippon Budokan concert on December 18. The single "Wendy: It's You" was used as the theme song for the drama Koi Suru Hae Onna, which started airing in November. On December 18, the band successfully held their first live concert at the Nippon Budokan, performing a total of 21 songs including their latest singles. This concert was Enzel's last performance with the group. After the concert, they announced a new single, "Sakura Mitsutsuki," set for release on March 13, 2013. It was used as the 13th opening song for Gin Tama for the month of January.
Spyair's third studio album, Million, was released on August 7. On September 23, it was released by JPU Records in Europe, where the CD only version included three bonus tracks: "Last Moment," "Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)" and "My World." In October, the single "Just One Life" was used as the first opening song of the anime Samurai Flamenco. Their next single "Imagination" was released on April 30, 2014, and served as the first opening song of the anime Haikyū!!. The single "Firestarter," released on July 22, 2015, was used as the theme song for the drama The Last Cop. In October, Spyair contributed with the first opening song of the second season of Haikyū!!, "I'm a Believer," and a year later, their single "Rage of Dust" was used as the opening song of the second season of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.
- Ike (vocals)
- UZ (guitar/programming)
- Momiken (bass)
- Kenta (drums)
- Enzel (DJ)
- Rockin' the World (2011)
- Just Do It (2012)
- Million (2013)
- Best (2014)
- 4 (2015)
- "Japanication" (2009)
- "Kanjō Discord" (2009)
- "Liar" (2010) (Hammer Session! theme song)
- "Last Moment" (2010) (Bleach 25th ending song)
- "Japanication" (2011)
- "Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)" (2011) (Gin Tama 17th ending song)
- "Beautiful Days" (2011) (Don Quixote theme song)
- "My World" (2012) (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE second ending song)
- "0 Game" (2012) (The Amazing Spider-Man Japanese theme song)
- "Naked" (2012)
- "Wendy: It's You" (2012) (Koi Suru Hae Onna theme song)
- "Sakura Mitsutsuki" (2013) (Gin Tama 13th opening song)
- "Niji" (2013) (Sennyu Tantei Tokage theme song)
- "Genjō Destruction" (2013) (Gintama: The Movie: The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya theme song)
- "Just One Life" (2013) (Samurai Flamenco opening song)
- "Imagination" (2014) (Haikyū!! opening song)
- "Glory" (2014)
- "Rockin' Out" (2015)
- "Firestarter" (2015) (The Last Cop theme song)
- "I'm a Believer" (2015) (Haikyū!! season two opening song)
- "This Is How We Rock" (2016)
- "Rage of Dust" (2016) (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans season two opening song)
- "SPYAIR to sing for upcoming 'Gintama' movie". tokyohive.com. May 3, 2013. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "SPYAIR announces new single, "Naked"". tokyohive.com. July 21, 2012. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "SPYAIR to release second album, "Just Do It"". tokyohive.com. August 8, 2012. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "SPYAIR's ENZEL☆ to leave the band". Archived from the original on October 15, 2012. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- "SPYAIR to release new single, "WENDY ~It's You~"". tokyohive.com. October 2, 2012. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "SPYAIR holds their 1st live at Nippon Budokan + new single announcement". tokyohive.com. December 19, 2012. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Profile | Spyair Official Web Site" (in Japanese). Spyair.net. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- Official website (Japanese)