|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Angel Investment Firm|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, US|
|Ron Conway (Founder, Co-Managing Partner), Topher Conway (Co-Managing Partner)|
SV Angel is a San Francisco-based angel investment firm, which helps startup companies with business development, financing, M&A and other strategic advice. It provides capital investments to early stage companies focused on the Internet, e-commerce, and information technology markets. In 2011 the company added more than 80 new companies to its portfolio, which then included 290 active investments.
In early 2011 the company launched the Start Fund, a joint venture with DST, to direct investments to companies participating in Y Combinator.
Conway was the single largest campaign contributor to Edwin M. Lee in his successful campaign for Mayor of San Francisco in November 2011; Conway raised $600,000 for Lee through independent expenditure committees. Since then questions have been raised about whether Lee has taken actions to benefit companies in which Conway's group has investments.
- "Official Website".
- "SV Angel Crunchbase profile".
- Primack, Dan (November 20, 2011). "Exclusive: SV Angel's investment portfolio". Fortune. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- David Lee Leaves SV Angel
- Carey, Pete (April 17, 2010). "SV 150 companies nearly double profits". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- Smith, Matt (March 31, 2012). "As Mayor Cultivates New Business, Treatment of Backer Is Questioned". The New York Times / Bay Citizen. Retrieved 24 June 2013.