|Founded||May 6, 2010|
May 11, 2011 (launched)
|Products||The Saatva Mattress|
Loom and Leaf
|Revenue||$375 million (2019)|
Saatva is a privately held e-commerce company that specializes in luxury mattresses and is based in New York, New York. In 2015, Saatva ranked 101 on Inc's list of the top 500 retailers for the year, with 2014 revenues of $28.6M. Since 2014, Saatva has grown exponentially. Saatva mattresses launched Loom and Leaf, an eco-friendly brand of luxury memory foam mattresses and their high end 'Zenhaven' mattress in 2016. Saatva expects their revenue to exceed 500 million in 2020.
The company was founded in 2011 by furniture industry veteran Ron Rudzin and entrepreneur Ricky Joshi, who chose to base the company's name off of the Sanskrit word "sattva" which means "pure". Rather than open a brick and mortar store, the two opted to sell their mattresses exclusively online. Their products received positive reception from outlets such as Vogue and Forbes magazine and in 2015, placed on both Forbes' and Internet Retailer's guides for the top companies of that year.
Product and delivery
Saatva primarily sells its mattresses under three brands. Their initial product was the Saatva Luxury Mattress, which featured a coil on coil innerspring. As the company grew, they expanded their product line to incorporate an eco-friendly[clarification needed] memory foam mattress, the Loom and Leaf Memory Foam Mattress. In May 2016, Saatva launched the Natural Latex brand Zenhaven.
- Mochari, Ilan (26 March 2015). "A Millennial Mania For Discounts Is Radically Reshaping Retail". Inc. Magazine.
- Cowley, Stacy (17 November 2015). "Casper Hopes Its 'One for All' Concept Translates to One Pillow". The New York Times.
- "#68 Saatva". Forbes. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Milnes, Hilary. "Saatva How this startup reached 180".
- Inc. Magazine (15 January 2015). "2015 Inc. Retail Industry List". Inc. Magazine.
- Pasquarelli, Adrianne (31 May 2015). "Finally, a mattress in a box". Crains Communication.
- Inglese, Elizabeth (13 May 2015). "7 New Mattress Startups Want to Sweeten Your Dreams". Vogue.
- Heller, Laura (1 October 2014). "Here's One Product Category Ready For Its Online Closeup: Mattresses". Forbes.
- Nxtbook Media (2 January 2015). "Internet Retailer - Top 500 2015". Nxtbook Media.
- Denmead, Ken. "Upgrade Your Mattress Experience With Loom & Leaf". GeekDad. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Ann, Joe (19 May 2018). "Saatva - Internet Mattress Retailer". Review.org.
- Kline, Kenny (2016-06-20). "How This Startup Reached $180 Million Revenue By Not Acting Like a Startup". Inc.com. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
|This article about furniture or furnishing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|