|Founded||May 6, 2010|
May 11, 2011 (launched)
|Products||The Saatva Mattress|
|Revenue||$275 million (2019)|
Saatva is a privately held e-commerce company that specializes in luxury mattresses and is based in New York, New York. In 2015 Saatva ranked 101 on Inc's list of the top 500 retailers for the year, with 2014 revenues of $28.6M. Since 2014, Saatva has grown exponentially. Saatva mattresses launched Loom and Leaf, an eco-friendly brand of luxury memory foam mattresses and their high end 'Zenhaven' mattress in 2016. Saatva's diverse mattress approach and focus on using environmentally safe materials has gained the support of a diverse clientele. Thus, Saatva expects their revenue to exceed 300 million in 2020.
The company was founded in 2011 by furniture industry veteran Ron Rudzin and entrepreneur Ricky Joshi, who chose to base the company's name off of the Sanskrit word "sattva" which means "pure". Rather than open a brick and mortar store, the two opted to sell their mattresses exclusively online. Their products received positive reception from outlets such as Vogue and Forbes magazine and in 2015, placed on both Forbes' and Internet Retailer's guides for the top companies of that year.
Product and delivery
Saatva primarily sells its mattresses under three brands. Their initial product was the Saatva Luxury Mattress, which featured a coil on coil innerspring. As the company grew, they expanded their product line to incorporate an eco-friendly memory foam mattress, the Loom and Leaf Memory Foam Mattress. In May 2016 Saatva launched the Natural Latex brand Zenhaven. Consumers have the option of placing their orders entirely online or calling one of Saatva's customer representatives. After placing an order, customers are contacted by a customer service representative in order to confirm the order and explain the delivery process, which includes installation and an optional mattress removal.
- Mochari, Ilan (26 March 2015). "A Millennial Mania For Discounts Is Radically Reshaping Retail". Inc. Magazine.
- Cowley, Stacy (17 November 2015). "Casper Hopes Its 'One for All' Concept Translates to One Pillow". The New York Times.
- "#68 Saatva". Forbes. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Milnes, Hilary. "Saatva How this startup reached 180".
- Inc. Magazine (15 January 2015). "2015 Inc. Retail Industry List". Inc. Magazine.
- Pasquarelli, Adrianne (31 May 2015). "Finally, a mattress in a box". Crains Communication.
- Inglese, Elizabeth (13 May 2015). "7 New Mattress Startups Want to Sweeten Your Dreams". Vogue.
- Heller, Laura (1 October 2014). "Here's One Product Category Ready For Its Online Closeup: Mattresses". Forbes.
- Nxtbook Media (2 January 2015). "Internet Retailer - Top 500 2015". Nxtbook Media.
- Klauser, Alexandra (3 March 2015). "Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?: Survey reveals majority of Americans prefer sleeping on the right". Daily Mail.
- Charlie, Wells (30 September 2015). "The New Mattress Professionals". The Wall Street Journal.
- Denmead, Ken. "Upgrade Your Mattress Experience With Loom & Leaf". GeekDad. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Ann, Joe (19 May 2018). "Saatva - Internet Mattress Retailer". Review.org.
- Official website
- Mattress Frenzy: The Hottest Startup Industry Of The Year? at the Huffington Post Blog
|This article about furniture or furnishing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|