|Founders||Mike Gettis, Rajen Ruparell|
|Products||Mattresses, pillows, bedsheets, and mattress protectors|
|Parent||Sleep Country Canada|
Endy Sleep (also known as just Endy) is a Canadian-based, e-commerce company that sells sleep products online. Endy primarily operates as an online storefront, with their main headquarters in Toronto. Endy is Canada's largest direct online-only mattress store.
Endy was founded in 2015 by CEO Mike Gettis and Chairman Rajen Ruparell (previously of Groupon International). In its start up year, Endy made $1 million in sales, $10 million in 2016, and $20 million in 2017. In June of 2016, Endy received the Techweek100 Top Innovators Award.
In September 2018, Endy was named 4th overall on the 2018 Startup 50 list of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies.
Endy mattresses are fully manufactured in Canada and are made with three layers of foam. The top layer is made with Endy’s Comfort Foam which incorporates open air cell technology to increase breathability, comfort and cooling. The middle (medium/transition) and base (support) layers are designed to support the spine and eliminate pressure points. Endy’s foam mattress is CertiPUR-US certified.
The next product launched by Endy was an adjustable memory foam pillow. The three-layer pillow incorporates a 100% cotton and machine washable cover with hypoallergenic microfiber fill, and an inner core filled with shredded bamboo charcoal memory foam.
The bedding set includes a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two standard pillowcases. They are 100% sateen weave, long staple cotton and have a certified 480 thread count.
The Endy mattress protector is the company’s newest addition.
Endy mattresses and products are in showrooms across Canada including the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, Quebec, and Saskatchewan.
- Techweek 100 - Innovators Award (2016)
- Toronto TechCrunch Pitchoff - Audience Choice Award (2015)
- Today’s Parent Approved (2018)
- 2018 Startup 50 - 4th overall (2018)
In the case of returned mattresses, Endy works with local Canadian charities where possible to ensure returned mattresses are donated to those in need. Some of their charity partners include Furniture Bank, The Matthew House, and Junk4Good.
- "The comfort zone" The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- Cornick, Kate. "Endy's Foam Mattress Is Winning Over Canadians" Techvibes. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Endy Sleep Proves Mattresses Don’t Have to be Expensive" Techvibes. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "10 essential Toronto shops to outfit your bedroom" blogTO. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Sleep Country Canada shares tumble in TMX debut" The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- O'Kane, Josh (29 November 2018). "Sleep Country buys mattress startup Endy for up to $89-million". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Tripp, Fraser. "Savvy Shopping With Endy Co-Founder Mike Gettis" Vern Magazine. Accessed 3 Aug 2018.
- "Meet the next generation of wealth" The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Startup of the Week – Endy Sleep" Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "For online-only retailers, a pop-up shop can be a great brand-builder" Canadian Business. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Dragons' Den - Endy Sleep" CBC. Accessed 3 Aug 2018.
- Kennedy, Bruce. "Techweek Announces Techweek100 Toronto-Waterloo 2016 List" Newswire.Ca. Accessed 3 Aug 2018.
- Cornick, Katie. "Endy Secures $1 Million To Grow Bed-In-A-Box Business" Techvibes. Accessed 3 Aug 2018.
- Patterson, C. (2018) "Canadian Mattress-in-a-Box Brand ‘Endy’ Announces Expansion Amid Explosive Success" RETAIL INSIDER. Accessed 3 Aug. 2018.
- "Endy Named Canada's Fastest Growing Retail Company, 4th Overall, on the 2018 Startup 50" Cision. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- Donaldson, Alexandra. “We Tried It: Endy, Mattress-in-a-Box” Canadian Living. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- “Companies Selling Products Containing Certified Foam” CertiPUR-US. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- Warkentin, Alec. "Endy: How CEO Mike Gettis Is Disrupting The Mattress Market" Calgary Journal Online. Accessed 3 Aug 2018.
- "Online mattress retailers look to free consumers from high prices, ‘gimmicky’ sales pitches" Financial Post. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Canadians beginning to click to shopping for furniture online" Toronto Star. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- Hinton, Kevin, and Ryan Mckenzie. “5 Tips for Your Best Sleep Ever” BCLiving. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- DiPlacido, Victoria, and Katherine Flemming. “Get A Decent Night's Sleep (Finally) With These ELLE-Approved Products” Elle Canada. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- “Today's Parent Approved.” Today's Parent. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- "Announcing Techweek100 Toronto 2016 – Waterloo 2016" Techweek. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "ROSS and Uplifter Take Top Spots in Toronto TechCrunch Pitchoff Competition" Techvibes. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Where does the name Endy come from?". Endy® Customer Care 🇨🇦.