|Sameer (2017 film)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Dakxin Bajrange Chhara|
Dakxin Bajrange Chhara
|Written by||Karan Vyas|
|Music by||Pankaj Awasthy|
|Edited by||Aashish Mayur Shah|
|Distributed by||Platoon One Films|
Sameer is the 2017 Bollywood drama film directed by award-winning documentary maker Dakxin Chhara at his directorial debut. The film premiered at the New York Indian Film Festival (2017). The film stars popular actors like Zeeshan Mohammed Ayyub, Subrat Dutta, Anjali Patil, and Seema Biswas. Produced by Nomad Movies, Sameer had its theatrical release in India on 8 September 2017.
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
After a series of bomb blasts in Hyderabad a special ATS team lead by officer Desai name Yasin Darji as the suspect. Following a tip-off the team reaches a location to arrest Yasin only to end up arresting Sameer, the wrong guy. While the error needs to be fixed, the higher authorities decide to bargain with Sameer for his freedom, sending him as a mole. Sameer turns a mole to stop Yasin Darji before he kills more innocent people. A chase begins. Will they manage to stop Yasin, or will Yasin triumph?
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub as Sameer
- Subrat Dutta as Desai, ATS Dy. Chief
- Anjali Patil as Alia Irade
- Chinmay Mandlekar as Shaheed
- Seema Biswas as Mumtaz Khala
- Manoj Shah as Bahubali Mehta
- Alok Gagdekar as Manto
- Master Shubham Bajrange as Rocket
Film Festivals and Awards
Sameer made into the headlines when India's Central Board of Film Certification ordered the director to remove the words "Mann ki baat", from a dialogue as it is the name of the radio show hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
|Soundtrack album by Pankaj Awasthi & Vipin Heero|
|Released||1 September 2017|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack of Sameer consists of 3 songs composed by Vipin Heero and Pankaj Awasthi while the lyrics have been written by Piyush Mishra and Vipin Heero.
|1.||"Jaa Chhipkali Ja"||Vipin Heero||Vipin Heero||Vipin Heero||04:35|
|2.||"Yaad Hai Yaa Bhulte"||Piyush Mishra||Pankaj Awasthi||Aaman Trikha||03:41|
|3.||"Ye Jo, Jo Bhi Mar Gaya"||Piyush Mishra||Pankaj Awasthi||Pankaj Awasthi & Swanand Kirkire||04:33|
Sweta Kausal of Hindustan Times gave the film a rating of 3.5 out of 5 and praised the performance of Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub saying that, "While all the actors seamlessly fit their characters, Zeeshan once again proves his mettle as he goes from a vulnerable man to a becoming a puppet and later a master negotiator.". About the film the critic said that, "It is the well-knit screenplay and crisp editing that maintains the pace and makes Sameer an edge-of-the-seat thriller with a few melodramatic dialogues thrown in." Reza Noorani of The Times of India gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5 and said that, "Sameer is a proper edge-of-the-seat thriller, albeit with its flaws, but keeps you hooked till the very end with a very strong pay-off." Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express praised the performance of Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub but also added that, "the rest of it is thin and predictable" and gave the film a rating of 1.5 out of 5. Business Standard gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5 and said that, "For all its glaring sins of excesses and hysteria "Sameer" dares to go into a political theme that spells trouble for the perpetrator. For this, the film needs to be commended." Vishal Verma of Glamsham gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5 and said that, "Despite having its flaws and its overwhelming reluctance to take any sides, SAMEER still manages to be a tight, edge of the seat surprise in the end and that's the movie's biggest victory."
- "Dakxin Bajrange- Documentary Educational Resources".
- "Amdavadi Film Goes to New York - Ahmedabad Mirror".
- "Official site".
- "Sameer World Premiere - 17th NYIFF 2017". New York Indian Film Festival.
- "Pandoline News Report". Centist. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "The Official Selection at Charlotte Asian Film Festival". Centist. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Is 'Mann Ki Baat' copyrighted phrase now? Censor Board thinks so – Mid Day". Centist. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "CBFC Asks Film To Delete 'Mann Ki Baat' – Huff Post". Centist. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "Sameer (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Sameer - Vipin Heero, Pankaj Awasthi". Saavn.
- "Sameer movie review: An explosive mix of brave cinema, gripping suspense and Zeeshan Ayyub's acting". Hindustan Times.
- "Sameer Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Sameer movie review: This Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub film is predictable". The Indian Express.
- "'Sameer': Brings up an explosive subject (Review)". Business Standard.
- "SAMEER Movie Review: An edge-of-the-seat surprise". Glamsham.