From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SCIGRESS running on Windows
|Stable release||2.4(3.1) / July 2013|
|Written in||C++, C, Java, Fortran|
|Operating system||Windows XP and later, Linux|
|Type||Computational Chemistry, Simulation software|
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
SCIGRESS is a molecular modeling suite dedicated for both experimental and computational chemists and biochemists. SCIGRESS enables the researchers to study and design wide range of molecular systems:
- Intuitive, easy to learn, property driven user interface including molecule editor and batch processing.
- Theory levels: DFT, semi-empirical, molecular mechanics and dynamics.
- Determination of low energy conformations and thermodynamic properties.
- Calculation and 3D-visualization of electronic properties: partial charges, orbitals, electron densities, and electrostatic surfaces and more.
- Analysis of reactions: transition states and intrinsic reaction coordinates.
- Spectroscopic properties analysis: IR, UV-VIS, NMR.
- Study of phase transitions, expansion, crystal defects, compressibility, tensile strength, adsorption, absorption, thermal conductivity.
- Protein handling and protein-ligand docking on quantum level.
- Multiple presentation-quality visualization options and movie creation.
- Molecular mechanics
- MM2, MM3
- Semi-empirical methods
- Study of reactivity
- Protein-ligand docking, Molecular Dynamics
- User-friendly interface
- Presentation quality graphics
- Automated model builders
- Polymers (Homopolymers, block polymers, dendrimers), proteins, crystals
- Needleman–Wunsch alignment