Sea World Jakarta
|Location||Ancol, North Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia|
|No. of animals||3500+|
|No. of species||500+|
Sea World Jakarta or also known Sea World Ancol is a marine aquarium suited in North Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia. It consists of 1 Main tank, 1 shark tank, and several other tanks, also the white crocodile exhibit. The Main tank of the Sea World Ancol is the biggest aquarium in the Southeast Asia. Sea World Ancol was closed at September 2014 but since 17 July 2015 has been reopened to the public. The owner company is currently expanding to turn the facility as the world's largest sea park.
The Sea World Indonesia consists of:
- Main Tank - is a salt-water aquarium with the size of 36 x 24 meters with depth up to 6 meters. It's filled with 5 million liters of salt water and there's up to 3500 of marine animals living in there.
- Sharkquarium - is an aquarium consists of more than 7 different species of sharks. In this tank also, there's a "feed the shark" attraction.
- Freshwater Area - is an area consists of several smaller aquarium for Freshwater animals like Piranha, Arapaima Gigas, and Electric Eel.
- Antasena Tunnel - is an 80-meter long tunnel inside the Main tank with an automatic travelator and transparent roof, so the visitors can get the underwater look sensation without getting wet.
- Dugong Tank - is an aquarium that belongs to a pair of dugongs.
- Ecosystem Tank - is an aquarium consists of Sponge and Coral and little marine animals like Clownfish and Guppies.
- Deep Sea Area - is an area consist of preserved deep sea animals, the preserved deep sea animals are placed in a glass tube.
Open Time and Fees
- "Ancol to Build World's Largest SeaWorld Park in Two Years' Time". Tempo. Retrieved 2017-06-18.