|This article does not cite any references (sources). (August 2011)|
Sehgal (Punjabi: ਸੈਗਲ, ਸਹਿਗਲ; Hindi: सैगल or सहगल, Urdu: سہگل) is a family name, originating from the Punjab province spanning across Bharat commonly known as India, and Pakistan. Translations of this family name into English have created spelling variations, some of which include: Sahgal, Sahgel, Saigal, Saihgal, Saigol, and Sehgal. This surname belongs to the vaishyaVarna also known as the trade class and tend to be allies to the Gupta's.
Notable people with the surname Sehgal
- Akashdeep Saigal, Indian television actor
- Amin Saigol, founder of a Punjabi Shaikh business family of Pakistan
- Baba Sehgal, rapper and actor
- Bittu Sahgal, environmental activist, associated with Project Tiger and Sanctuary magazine
- Deep Sehgal, British filmmaker
- Ehsan Sehgal, poet, writer and journalist
- Gita Sahgal, writer and journalist on issues of feminism, fundamentalism, and racism, director of prize-winning documentary films, and human rights activist
- Kundan Lal Saigal, pioneer Hindi singer and legendary Bollywood actor
- Lakshmi Sahgal, revolutionary, Communist, and Presidential Candidate; of the Rani of Jhansi brigade of the Indian National Army and Communist Party of India (Marxist)
- Mohit Sehgal, Indian television actor
- Nayantara Sahgal, prominent author and niece of Jawaharlal Nehru
- Prem Kumar Sahgal, officer of the Indian National Army
- Sarika Sehgal, Indo-Canadian journalist
- Sonal Sehgal, television actress
- Tino Sehgal, a British-German artist
- Tushar Sehgal, Hematopathologist(Doctor) in India
- Usman Ali Sehgal,Member National Youth Assembly of Pakistan
- Zohra Sehgal, Indian film and stage actress
- Latika Sehgal, Member of AMLA duo.
- Shivalika Sehgal, Architect.