|Shalby Hospitals - Multi Specialty Hospitals|
|Location||Opp. Karnavati Club, S. G. Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Care system||Public multi-specialty hospitals|
|Patron||Vikram I. Shah|
Shalby Hospitals is an Indian organisation which was established in Ahmedabad as a joint replacement centre in 1994 by Dr. Vikram Shah. Shalby runs a chain of hospitals in Ahmedabad, Surat, Indore, Vapi, Jabalpur, Jaipur and Mohali.
The hospital, located in Ahmedabad, was established in 1994 as a small six-bed single specialty unit that offered total knee replacement (TKR) surgery. By 2007, it had become a 200-bed multi-specialty hospital. It would later offer care in over 40 medical disciplines ranging from cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, and trauma to ENT. The hospital was certified by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) in March 2010, six months after applying for accreditation. In 2011 it acquired a 55 per cent stake in the Vrundavan Hospital in Goa, which had 120 beds across two units. In 2012 Shalby acquired Krishna Hospital for an estimated Rs 75 crore, to become the biggest private corporate hospital in Ahmedabad. By 2012 the company had 450 beds in Ahmedabad.
In 2013, Shah claimed the hospital in Ahmedabad completed an average of 30 joint replacement surgeries a day, at which point they had 705 employees. By the end of 2013, the organisation had treated 975 patients from abroad during that year.
During the period 1994–2009, the joint replacement team performed more than 20,000 TKR procedures. The length of surgical time in the hospital had been dramatically reduced from 1 hour, 20 mins per TKR to around 10–12 minutes using the "ZERO Technique" invented by Dr. Vikram Shah. In 2011 Shalby received the Diplomat in National Board (DNB) certificate in Orthopaedics. At the time, it was the only hospital in Gujarat to have this. By late 2016, the organisation claimed to have performed more than 85,000 joint replacement procedures.
- Shalby Hospital has won the award for 'Best Operational Excellence in Healthcare, 2011' from the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) in New Delhi.
- CNBC India Healthcare Awards in Category “Excellence in Healthcare Services” (Gujarat Ratna Award) in 2016
- ICICI Lombard India Healthcare Awards 2014-15 in the Category “Best Multispecialty Hospital-Metro” 
- APHI (Association of Healthcare Providers, India)” Best Patient Friendly Hospital” in 2014
- IMA Medachievers.Com Award for Valuable Contribution in Healthcare - 2014
- GIS (Gujarat Innovation Society) "Hercules Award" in 2014
- Comprehensive Orthopedic Service Provider Company of the Year (Stand-alone Hospital Category by Frost & Sullivan in 2013
- Yes Bank Business Today- "Best Small & Medium Enterprise (Category-Medium) in 2013
- Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award 2010 in the 'Large Scale Service Sector' category from Bureau of Standards, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- "Dr Vikram Shah 'revolutionises' total knee replacement surgery with 'zero technique'". Indiamedicaltimes.com. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Mulchandani, Anil. "A long-cherished mission is accomplished". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Shukla, Sonal (March 2010). "Healing with Compassion". Financial Express. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Shalby Hospital". Times Content.
- "One More Ahmedabad hospital gets NABH Accreditation". Daily News and Analysis (DNA India). 6 March 2010. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Shalby acquires 55% stake in Goa hospital; to set up new ones in Gujarat". The Hindu Business Line. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- Sharma, Radha (18 October 2012). "Shalby buys Krishna Hospital for Rs 75 crore". Times of India. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- Das, Soni (25 October 2012). "Hospital chain Shalby mulls taking PE route". Business Standard. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Seetharaman, G. (28 April 2013). "Scalpel and Suit". Business Today. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Sharma, Radha (19 December 2013). "80% medical tourists in Chandigarh are from East and Central Africa". Times of India. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- Suchitra Bajpai Chaudhary, Senior (26 January 2015). "The 10-minute knee replacement surgery in the UAE". Gulf News. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Dr Vikram Shah 'revolutionises' total knee replacement surgery with 'zero technique'". India Medical Times.
- "Shalby Hospital gets accreditation in orthopaedics". DNA India. 2 January 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Shalby hospital set to launch state-of-the-art cancer care unit". The Free Press Journal. 20 November 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "Shalby wins Ficci healthcare excellence award". The Times of India. 10 September 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Healthcare Awards | Healthcare Executive". www.healthcareexecutive.in. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Winners - India Healthcare Award 2015 : ICICI Lombard". www.icicilombard.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Association of Healthcare Providers ( India)". ahpi.in. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Space Applications Centre director gets Gujarat Ratna - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "The Best in Indian Healthcare Industry Felicitated at Frost & Sullivan's 6th Annual India Healthcare Excellence Awards 2014" (Press release). Business Wire India. 24 September 2014.
- "Business Today-Yes Bank Best SME Awards was a memorable occasion". Business Today. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "City hospital bags Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award". Times of India. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2017.