Shalom (TV channel)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Shalom TV India|
|Launched||1998 (programming block)
|Owned by||Shalom Communications Ltd|
|Slogan||God's own channel|
|Country||India, Asia, Europe, United States|
|Headquarters||Peruvannamoozhi, Kozhikode, Kerala|
|Asianet Digital TV (India)||Channel 661|
Shalom Television (Malayalam: ശലോം) is an Indian Catholic Christian television channel based in Kerala. The channel broadcasts programs include a daily Holy Mass and also Tridentine Mass format, the traditional Nasrani rosary recitation. It also broadcasts other programs, including interviews, musical shows, competition, quiz shows, chat shows, short films and family-based programs.
Shalom was first introduced in 1989 as a small prayer group. It was founded by Saint Thomas Christians and was subsequently expanded in 1998 as a programming block on Asianet channel. It was officially launched as an independent channel in March 2005. The channel, further expanded in publishing media including Shalom Times, Shalom Tidings and Sunday Shalom. The channel has expanded its operation worldwide, including United Kingdom and North America.
- Chris Miller (17 March 2014). "Shalom Media sets up Edmonton unit". WCR Desk. Western Catholic Reporter. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "ShalomTV history". Shalom portal. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Marianna Bartholomew. "Seek Peace at a Shalom Fest this Summer and Welcome Shalom TV". Catholic News Agency. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Third Malayalam channel Shalom TV to make foray into UK". UKMalayalee.com. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Shalom comes to North America". Marianna Bartholomew. Catholic News Agency. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|