|Location||Koya, Matsudo-shi, Chiba-ken 270-0017
|Operated by||JR East|
|Platforms||2 side, 1 island|
|Opened||1 April 1973|
|Passengers (FY2014)||36,911 daily|
Shim-Matsudo Station (新松戸駅 Shin-Matsudo-eki?) is a railway station located in Matsudo, Chiba, Japan, and operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East). The spelling "Shim-Matsudo" is used by JR on the station signage as the official romanization of the station name.
The station is served by the Jōban Line (Local) from Ayase Station in Tokyo, and by the orbital Musashino Line from Fuchūhommachi to Nishi-Funabashi and Tokyo. It is 57.5 kilometers from the western terminus of the Musashino Line at Fuchūhommachi.
The station consists of an island platform serving two tracks (1 and 2) for Jōban Line local services. The Musashino Line tracks are at a right angle above the Joban Line tracks, and served by two opposed side platforms (3 and 4).
|1||■ Jōban Line||for Kashiwa, Abiko, and Toride|
|2||■ Jōban Line||for Matsudo, Kita-Senju, Otemachi, and Yoyogi-uehara|
|3||■ Musashino Line||for Minami-Koshigaya, Minami-Urawa and Fuchūhommachi|
|4||■ Musashino Line||for Nishi-Funabashi, Tokyo, and Kaihimmakuhari|
Shim-Matsudo Station opened on 1 April 1973 as a station on Japanese National Railways (JNR). It was the terminal station for the Musashino Line until the line was extended to Nishi-Funabashi on 2 October 1978. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 36,911 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- JR East station information. Retrieved on 17 March 2009. (Japanese)
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2011年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2014)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2000年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2005年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 （2010年度） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shin-Matsudo Station.|
- JR East station information (Japanese)