The east exit of Musashi-Urawa Station
|Location||7 Bessho, Minami-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken 336-0021|
|Operated by||JR East|
|Platforms||2 side, 2 island|
|Passengers (FY2014)||48,588 daily|
Musashi-Urawa Station is served by the orbital Musashino Line and the Saikyo Line which runs between Ōsaki in Tokyo and Ōmiya in Saitama Prefecture. Some trains continue northward to Kawagoe via the Kawagoe Line and southward to Shin-Kiba via the TWR Rinkai Line. The station is located 16.1 km from Ikebukuro Station on the Saikyo Line and 29.8 kilometers from Fuchūhommachi Station on the Musashino Line. The station identification colour for the Saikyō Line platforms is "cherry blossom".
The station has two elevated opposed side platforms serving two tracks for the Musashino Line, and two elevated island platforms serving four tracks for the Saikyo Line. The station building is located underneath the platforms.
|1||■ Musashino Line||for Shim-Matsudo, Nishi-Funabashi, Tokyo, and Kaihimmakuhari|
|2||■ Musashino Line||for Kita-Asaka, Higashi-Tokorozawa, Nishi-Kokubunji, and Fuchūhommachi|
|3/4||■ Saikyo Line||for Akabane, Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ōsaki, and Rinkai Line through service for Shin-Kiba|
|5/6||■ Saikyo Line||for Ōmiya and Kawagoe|
The station opened on 30 September 1985.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 48,588 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Saitama Minami-ku Ward Office
- Lotte Urawa Factory
- Lotte Urawa Baseball Ground
- Tokyo Yakult Swallows Toda Baseball Ground
- 各駅情報（武蔵浦和駅） [Station Information: Musashi-Urawa] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- Kawashima, Ryozo (March 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１２巻 東京都心北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 12 Northern Central Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. pp. 16–52. ISBN 978-4-06-270072-6.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2014年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2014)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Musashi-Urawa Station.|
- Musashi-Urawa Station information (JR East) (Japanese)
- Musashi-Urawa Station information (Saitama Prefectural Government) (Japanese)