Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Merged||January 1, 2006|
(now part of Ureshino)
|• Total||46.05 km2 (17.78 sq mi)|
(November 30, 2004)
|• Density||260.30/km2 (674.2/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
- Mountains: Mt. Tōsen, Mt. Kishima
- Rivers: Shiota River
- April 1, 1889 - The modern municipal system is formed and three villages exist in the current area occupied by Shiota: Shiota Village, Kuma Village, and Gochōda Village.
- October 5, 1918 - Shiota Village becomes Shiota Town.
- September 1, 1956 - Kuma Village and Gochōda Village are incorporated into Shiota Town.
- January 1, 2006 - Shiota Town and Ureshino Town merge to form Ureshino City.
23.6% of the population of Shiota are 65 or older.
- Saga Prefectural Industrial High School
Junior high schools
- Shiota Junior High School
- Gochōda Elementary School
- Shiota Elementary School
- Kuma Elementary School
- Ureshino Associated Ōkusano Elementary School
Notable Places and Festivals
- O-Yama-san Matsuri-hi (お山さん祭り日), April 5
- Shiota Kunchi (塩田くんち), November 2–3
- Hachimangū Reisai, (annual festival for the god of war shrine) November 3
- Tanjō Shrine