This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Savage Steve Holland|
|Produced by||Lauren Levine|
Joel S. Rice
Gerald T. Olson
|Written by||Russell Marcus|
by Wendelin Van Draanen
|Cinematography||William D. Barber|
|Edited by||Cindy Parisotto|
Shredderman Rules is a 2007 television teen film based on Wendelin Van Draanen's Shredderman book series. The film stars Devon Werkheiser, and was originally aired on Nickelodeon with the final episode of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, which also starred Werkheiser. It is the first film to be aired under the banner Nickelodeon Original Movie.
Nolan Byrd, a shy but tech savvy eighth grader, is assigned a multimedia project by his teacher, Mr. Green. Nolan decides to do an exposé on schoolmate Bubba Bixby, who bullies him and many other students.
Taking the pseudonym "Shredderman" to avoid Bubba's retaliation, Nolan films Bubba bullying other students and uploads the footage to a website, www.shreddermanrules.com, causing Bubba to face discipline from the principal, Dr. Voss. Nolan later begins filming the school's faculty, including Dr. Voss, and they too are exposed for similarly cruel actions.
Nolan discovers that Bubba's father, Bob, the CEO of a waste management company whom Dr. Voss is close with, is planning to dump sewage in a local pond under the guise of an urban renewal project. Nolan posts the evidence and word spreads quickly, inspiring Nolan to sabotage the signing of the deed. Nolan's father, a local journalist, begins investigating the project.
In retaliation, Bob and Bubba attempt to discredit Shredderman by making trouble and blaming him. They steal a guinea pig named Claudette from Nolan's crush, Isabel, but Nolan is able to retrieve her from the pet shop.
On the day of the signing, Nolan manages to expose Bob despite Dr. Voss' attempts to stop him. Bob is arrested and sentenced to community service at the school, while Dr. Voss is fired. Nolan's father, after the successful publication of his story, heads to Britain for a bigger story. Shredderman becomes famous, though Nolan continues to conceal his identity and successfully asks Isabel out on a date.
- Devon Werkheiser as Nolan Byrd/"Shredderman"
- Tim Meadows as Mr. Green
- Andrew Caldwell as Alvin "Bubba" Bixby
- Daniel Roebuck as Bob Bixby
- Mindy Sterling as Dr. Sheila Voss
- Dave Coulier as Steven Byrd
- Clare Carey as Mrs. Byrd
- Francia Almendárez as Isabel Lopez
- Kendré Berry as Max Smith
- Marisa Guterman as "Man-Hands" Miriam
- Curtis Armstrong as Mayor Izzo
- Julianna McCarthy as Grandma
- Henry E. Taylor III as Art the Fart
- Alexandra Krosney as Tina Atkins
The movie was released on DVD on August 28, 2007, along with The Last Day of Summer.
- "Nickelodeon TV Movie Shredderman Rules! Starring Devon Werkheiser (Ned's Declassified) as Teen Underdog Turned Bully-Battling Cyber-Hero, To Premiere Saturday, June 9" (Press release). Nickelodeon. May 22, 2007. Retrieved 2016-03-10 – via PR Newswire.
- "Sony picks Nickelodeon kidvids". Variety. July 12, 2007. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- Shredderman Rules on IMDb
- Susan Stewart (June 9, 2007). "When Megabytes Triumph Over Muscle [review of the film]". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-03-10.