St Anne's RC Voluntary Academy
|St Anne's RC Voluntary Academy|
|Motto||To know, love, and serve God|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Trust||Emmaus Catholic Academy Trust|
|Department for Education URN||147942 Tables|
|Age||11 to 16|
|Colour(s)||Yellow, Blue and Purple|
St Anne's RC Voluntary Academy is a coeducational Roman Catholic secondary school located in Heaton Chapel, Stockport, England. It formally academised to join the Emmaus Catholic Multi-Academy Trust on 1 November 2020. In 2009, the school achieved arts (media) specialist school status. It is fed by St Winifred's RC Primary School in Heaton Mersey and St Joseph's Catholic Primary School in Reddish, and in turn feeds Aquinas College, Stockport.
Key Stage 4
The core curriculum which all students follow is made up of the following GCSE subjects, English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Religious Education and two Combined Science GCSEs that cover Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Students have already selected one Humanity subject in Year 8, History or Geography, which takes up their first GCSE option and they now choose two further option subjects.
2014 Ofsted Inspection
Ofsted rated the school as being inadequate in several areas, including leadership and management and quality of teaching, during a 2014 inspection. In the same academic year, school received negative reviews on Parent View, which is operated by Ofsted, and 68% of parents said they did not trust the management of the school. As a consequence, the school is inspected once every three months. A 2015 inspection, whilst accepting there was "a long way to go", showed the school was making reasonable progress towards the removal of special measures, and the school's action plan was now fit for purpose.
2020 Ofsted Inspection
Six years later, the school was subjected to a full inspection. The inspectors were excoriating saying: "The people who are responsible for this school have failed its pupils for far too long.Leaders have not ensured that the school is a safe and happy place in which pupils can flourish"
The school has gained the sobriquet 'The Forgotten School' and had ten head-teachers in eleven years. The current headteacher Dan Wright is in negotiations to join the Emmaus Trust, a potential Catholic multi-academy trust (CMAT) proposed for the southern part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Salford.
Notable former pupils
- Mark Davies - 11th Roman Catholic Bishop of Shrewsbury.
- Sally Lindsay - Actress (Coronation Street).
- Dominic Monaghan - Actor
- "St Anne's Roman Catholic High School, Stockport - GOV.UK". get-information-schools.service.gov.uk. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "School website for St Anne's Roman Catholic High School, Stockport Stockport with Ofsted inspection report". www.findmyschool.co.uk. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Admissions explained - Secondary school policies". www.stockport.gov.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Sixth Form Admissions Policy". Aquinas College. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "St_Annes_Y9_Options_booklet_2020" (PDF). www.st-annes.stockport.sch.uk. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "St Anne's Parent View". This article contains quotations from this source, which is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0. © Crown copyright
- "Section 8 Report, April 2015" (PDF). This article contains quotations from this source, which is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0. © Crown copyright
- "Inspection of St Anne's Roman Catholic High School, Stockport 2020". ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 4 March 2020. This article contains quotations from this source, which is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0. © Crown copyright
- "The 'forgotten school' with 9 head teachers in 10 years - and the man with a plan to turn it around". manchestereveningnews.co.uk. Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "Emmaus CMAT developments" (PDF). Diocese of Salford. Retrieved 14 April 2020.
- "EMMAUS CATHOLIC ACADEMY TRUST - GOV.UK". Find and compare schools in England. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- "Bishop of Shrewsbury - The Diocese of Shrewsbury - The Diocese of Shrewsbury". www.dioceseofshrewsbury.org. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- News (4 September 2007). "Choir girl to Corrie barmaid - our Sal's a big hit!". men. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
|last1=has generic name (help)
- Day, Rebecca (14 April 2018). "More actors and actresses from Greater Manchester who made the big time". men. Retrieved 5 March 2020.