Ohio State Route 305
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||33.99 mi (54.70 km)|
|Existed:||1932 – present|
|West end:||SR 82 / SR 700 in Hiram|
|US 422 near Warren|
|East end:||PA 718 near Orangeville|
State Route 305 (SR 305) is a 33.99-mile (54.70 km) long east–west state highway in the northeastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The western terminus of SR 305 is at a signalized intersection with the duplex of SR 82 and SR 700 in the village of Hiram. Its eastern terminus is at a five-way stop intersection on the Pennsylvania state line nearly 1.75 miles (2.82 km) south of Orangeville. Picking up where SR 305 leaves off heading southeast into Pennsylvania from this intersection is PA 718.
SR 305's path takes it through the northeastern quadrant of Portage County and across the central part of Trumbull County. There are no segments of SR 305 that are included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways identified as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2011)|
SR 305 was applied in 1932. The highway was originally a very short route that existed only along its present easternmost stretch between its junction with SR 7 and its connection with PA 718 at the Pennsylvania state line. This remained the case until 1937, when SR 305 was extended west along previously un-numbered roads across Trumbull County and into northeastern Portage County to its current western terminus in Hiram.
|Portage||Hiram||0.00||0.00||SR 82 (Wakefield Road) / SR 700 (Garfield Road) – Aurora, Burton|
|2.34||3.77||SR 88 – Garrettsville, Parkman|
|Nelson Township||5.67||9.12||SR 282 north – Nelson Kennedy Ledges State Park||Southern terminus of SR 282|
|Trumbull||Southington Township||8.97||14.44||US 422 – Warren|
|9.85||15.85||SR 534 / CR 744 (Warren Burton Road) – West Farmington, Newton Falls|
|Champion Township||16.09||25.89||SR 45 – Warren, Orwell|
|Bazetta Township||22.18||35.70||SR 5 – Cortland, Warren|
|Cortland||22.76||36.63||SR 46 – Niles, Cortland|
|Fowler Township||24.16||38.88||SR 11 – Girard, Ashtabula||Interchange|
|26.77||43.08||SR 193 (Youngstown Kingsville Road) – Youngstown, Johnston, Airport|
|Hartford Township||31.43||50.58||SR 7 – Youngstown, Kinsman|
|33.99||54.70||PA 718 south / Brockway Sharon Road – Sharon||Pennsylvania state line|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1931. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1932. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 305, Portage County" (PDF). Retrieved 2006-12-20.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 305, Trumbull County" (PDF). Retrieved 2006-12-20.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1936. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1937. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
Route map: Google