Stoelmans Eiland Airstrip
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Stoelmans Eiland Airstrip|
|Location||Stoelmans Eiland (nl), Suriname|
|Elevation AMSL||187 ft / 57 m|
Charters and destinations
Charter Airlines serving this airport are:
|Blue Wing Airlines||Paramaribo, Zorg en Hoop Airport|
|Caricom Airways||Paramaribo, Zorg en Hoop Airport|
|Gum Air||Paramaribo, Zorg en Hoop Airport|
|Hi-Jet Helicopter Services||Paramaribo, Zorg en Hoop Airport|
|Suriname Air Force/|
|Paramaribo, Zorg en Hoop Airport|
|Surinaamse Medische Zendings Vliegdienst / MAF||Paramaribo, Zorg en Hoop Airport|
Incidents and Accidents
- On 15 May 1974 a Cessna 172K Skyhawk, registered PZ-NAB, from the Aero Club Suriname was written off at Stoelmans Eiland. There were no fatalities, the pilot was G. Brunings.
- On 23 August 1974 a Cessna 337E Super Skymaster, registered PZ-PAS, from the Pater Albrinck Stichting was damaged at Stoelmans Eiland, the pilot was F. Siem Tjam.
- On 9 October 1982 a Dornier DO 28D-1 Skyservant from Gum Air registered PZ-TBB and piloted by P.Gummels was damaged at Stoelmans Eiland, the airplane was later repaired.
- On 18 October 1986 a De Havilland Canada DHC6-300 Twin Otter from the Surinaamse Luchtvaart Maatschappij, registered PZ-TCD, was hijacked by the Jungle Commando at Stoelmans Eiland, after landing. The airplane had departed Paramaribo, Zorg en Hoop Airport with 4 people on board. Lloyds paid FL 500000 to get the aircraft back. The hijacking lasted less than 1 day, there were 5 hijackers. The same airplane was sold years later, in 2005 to Gum Air, and is still flying in Suriname now registered PZ-TBY. 
- FallingRain - Stoelmans Eisland
- OurAirports - Stoelmans Eiland
- OpenStreetMaps - Stoelmans
- Accident history for Stoelmans Eiland at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in Suriname is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|