Sunil Bohra is an Indian film producer. He has produced film like Gangs of Wasseypur, Shahid (film), Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster. Tanu Weds Manu, Tanu Weds Manu: Returns, Mastram. He was Nominated for a Filmfare Award in the Best Film category for film Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 with Anurag Kashyap
Sunil Bohra was born to Shanti and Surendra Bohra on August 2, 1972 in a third generation of Mumbai Film Industry producers. His grandfather, Sri Ram Bohra, established the Bohra Bros banner as a pioneer of the Mumbai Film Industry in 1947 and was also IMPAA ( Indian Motion Pictures Producers' Association ) for 13 years.
In spite of being born in an established family of film makers, Sunil Bohra found it necessary to step out of his comfort zone of the inheritance of Bohra Bros. Sunil reconstructed the brand that today is regarded as the legacy of Bohra Bros. Sunil has fought every obstacle in the profession and overcome every personal shortcoming to be known as one of India's most celebrated independent film producers. His spouse's name is PRABHLEEN SANDHU,a tv ,bollywood and punjabi actress.
Referred to and known as "THE BOHRA" in the Mumbai film industry, Sunil's engaging charm and witty demeanor add to his invaluable traits, that of a keen sense of the business and an unforgettable persona. His small town eyes of Jodhpur(Rajasthan) first dared to dream and then witnessed the realization of ideas that have garnered applause from across the globe.
Sunil's gut instinct about films, which were viewed as unsafe by trade pundits, and his aggressive ways to push goals beyond limits, have been reasons for his unprecedented success. With films that have been applauded and awarded across the globe such as Gangs of Wasseypur-1 & 2, Shahid, Chittagong among many others and box-office smash hits like Tanu Weds Manu,Saheb Biwi aur Gangster and numerous others, Sunil Bohra's derives his passion from immense love for the trade and by setting goals in the realm of what is considered unachievable in mainstream.
Today, Bohra Bros has forged alliances with several international associations. With a line-up of an enviable array of films (Trishna, Batalvi, Headley & I, Mere Apne, Akki Te Vikki Te Nikki, Blue Blood, Seven Sins, Ganglords of 1985, Jia Aur Jia, Vakratunda Mahakaaya, Kaafiron Ki Namaaz, Malegaon Ka Superman, Hansal Mehta's next, Meena Kumari, Sanjay Gandhi, The Accidental Prime Minister), Sunil Bohra continues writing a chapter that can never be overlooked when the history of Indian cinema is penned.
Bohra Bros has since diversified into a multi-faceted firm with business interests in eCommerce, Acting Institutes, Enterprise Technology solutions.
- "The Accidental Prime Minister' on screen: Producer Sunil Bohra acquires rights to film on Manmohan Singh". firstpost.com. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Sunil Bohra sees films in books". business-standard.com. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Mission is to touch four figure mark: Sunil Bohra on Bohra Bros". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Sunil Bohra turns director with film on Dawood Ibrahim". indianexpress.com/. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Sunil Bohra to make a two-hour feature film on seven sins directed by seven directors". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Bombay Casting is calling wannabe Bollywood stars". thenational.ae. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Sunil Bohra has signed Anurag Kashyap, Hansal Mehta, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Sudhir Mishra and Vasan Bala to direct a 15-minute segment each, based on the seven cardinal sins". timesofindia.indiatimes.com/. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Gangs Of Wasseypur 2. The film's encouraging opening has galvanized the film's producers Viacom 18 and Sunil Bohra". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Gangs Of Wasseypur gets thumbs up, runs houseful". firstpost.com. Retrieved 6 April 2016.