Super 30 batch of 2006
Super 30 is a prestigious Indian educational program started in Patna, India under the banner of Ramanujan School of Mathematics. It was co-founded by Abhayanand, a 1977 batch IPS officer and, Anand Kumar, a maths teacher in the year 2002.  The program claims to select 30 meritorious and talented candidates each year from economically backward sections of society and trains them for the JEE, the entrance examination for Indian Institute of Technology.
In 2002, Abhayanand and Anand Kumar started Super 30 - the idea was to select 30 talented students from economically impoverished sections who could not afford IIT coaching.These 30 students were then prepared to crack IIT-JEE examinations. Anand Kumar's Mother - Jayanti Devi - volunteered to cook for the students while Anand, Abhayanand and other teachers tutored them. The students were also provided study materials and lodging for a year free of cost.
In the first year of the coaching, 18 out of 30 students made it to IIT. The following year application numbers soared due to the popularity of the program and written examination was conducted to select 30 students. In the year 2004 - 22 out of 30 students qualified for IIT-JEE increasing the popularity of the program which attracted even more applications.
In the 2005 batch, 26 out of 30 students made it to IIT while 28 cleared the examinations in 2006 - this despite the fact that IIT changed the examination pattern. In appreciation of their efforts, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar felicitated the students with a cash prize of Rupees 50,000 each.
The following year 28 more students achieved the IIT dream and finally in 2008, for the first time all of the Super 30 cleared the IIT JEE. Having achieved perfect result in 2008, Abhayanand quit Super 30 saying "the experiment is over". 
Anand's former students also joined as teachers for the Super 30 and in the year 2009, all 30 students again managed to clear the IIT JEE. In 2017, all the candidates again cracked the IIT-JEE Advanced 2017, results of which were announced on June 2017.. 26 students of 'Super 30' have achieved success in IIT-JEE Advanced 2018 ..
Awards and recognition
Super 30 has been selected in 2010 by Time Magazine in its list - The Best of Asia 2010. The organization also received praise from United States former President Barack Obama's special envoy Rashad Hussain - who termed it the "best" institute in the country. Newsweek Magazine included Super 30 in its list of four most innovative schools in the world. Anand Kumar has also been awarded the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Shiksha Puraskar - the highest award in field of education given by Bihar government - in November 2010.
On July 23, 2018, reports surfaced in newspaper Dainik Jagran accusing Anand Kumar of deceit to gain publicity. The report cited his ex-students' allegations that Anand Kumar made a misleading claim this year that 26 out of his 30 students cleared the IIT JEE exam, when infact only three students from Super 30 batch could qualify for in the JEE Advanced Exam. The report also mentioned that students who came looking to get enrolled in Super 30 were pushed to enroll in another coaching center called Ramanuj Institute, a for-profit institution, on the pretext that they will be coached by Anand Kumar if their performance is good. It is being alleged that by asking IIT aspirants to enroll in Ramanuj Insitute, Kumar made over Rs 1 crore annually.
Former Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar Tejashwi Yadav spoke in the favour of Anand Kumar and said that "propaganda is being run in media influenced by feudal mindset to discredit and defame Anand Kumar". Union Cabinet Minister Shatrughan Sinha has also spoken in Kumar's favour on Twitter.
The Gauhati High Court has issued notice to Anand Kumar of Super 30, asking him to reply to the allegations raised in a public interest litigation petition by four students of the Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati. The IIT-G students informed the court that a large number of students from the northeastern India and other parts of the country approached Mr. Kumar every year, hoping to qualify for the IITs, going by the “wrong projections.” But he invariably made them join the Ramanujam School of Mathematics, his coaching institute, by charging ₹33,000 each. 
Bollywood Director Vikas Bahl will be casting Hrithik Roshan in his upcoming film titled "Super 30". The film is based on the life and works of Anand Kumar. Media reports have indicated that following the controversy over unsubstantiated results, the makers of the film may change the film from a biopic to fiction, dropping any reference to Anand Kumar or Super 30.
- "Bihar appoints new director general of police to improve law and order". Mail Online. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Living the vilayat dream at home - Teacher who failed to study abroad coaches students to do so". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 22 February 2005.
- "Helping poor Indians crack toughest test". 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Bihar's Super 30: First step on the ladder". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- 'NISHANK', DR RAMESH POKHRIYAL (2016-04-08). Dreams that Don’t Let You Sleep: Based on the Life Skills Management of Dr. Kalam. Diamond Pocket Books Pvt Ltd. ISBN 9789385975882.
- "CM felicitates Super-30 stars - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Cop quits Super-30, says experiment is over - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "All 'Super 30' candidates crack IIT-JEE Advanced - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "http://atulyabihar.com/26-out-of-30-students-of-super30-cleared-iit-jee-this-year/1". External link in
- "Math whiz' Super 30 in Time list". Deccan Herald.
- "Yahoo". Yahoo.
- Thottam, Jyoti (2010-05-13). "The Best of Asia 2010 - TIME". Time. ISSN 0040-781X. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Obama's special envoy hails Super 30". The Hindu. PTI. 2010-08-08. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Super-30' incredible, says Newsweek'". The Times Of India. 19 September 2010.
- "Super honour for Anand from Madhya Pradesh". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Patna's Super 30 mentor Anand Kumar accused of deceit to gain popularity". India Today. 2018-07-23. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Super 30 mentor Anand Kumar gets support from Tejashwi Yadav, Shatrughan Sinha amid charges of fabrication". The Financial Express. 2018-07-31. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Gauhati High Court issues notice to Super 30 Founder Anand Kumar". The Hindu. 2018-09-22. Retrieved 2018-11-11.
- "Confirmed! Hrithik Roshan is playing mathematician Anand Kumar in Vikas Bahl's Super 30". The Indian Express. 2017-09-25. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- "Hrithik Roshan's 'Super 30' No Longer a Biopic As Founder Anand Kumar Faces Fraud Charges". News18. 2018-08-03. Retrieved 2018-08-03.