Sydney Fast Ferries
|Founded||1 April 2010|
|Defunct||31 March 2015|
On April 2010, Sydney Fast Ferries commenced a five-year franchise to operate the service. However, Manly Fast Ferries continued to operate services between Circular Quay Wharf 6 and Manly East Pier via Fort Denison, Taronga Zoo and Watsons Bay.
In July 2014, expressions of interest were sought for the next franchise with Bass & Flinders Cruises, SeaLink Travel Group, Sydney Fast Ferries and Transit Systems responding. In December 2014, the franchise was awarded to Bass & Flinders Cruises, with Sydney Fast Ferries ceasing operations on 31 March 2015. Sydney Fast Ferries lodged a complaint in March 2015 that the selection process was not handled correctly by Transport for New South Wales.
- Andrews, Graeme (1975). The Ferries of Sydney. Brookvale: JW Books. pp. 53–56. ISBN 0 589071 72 6.
- Calls for Expressions of Interest for Manly Fast Ferry Minister for Transport 9 December 2008
- Home Bass & Flinders Cruises
- Jet Car Withdrawal and Manly Fast Ferry Commencement NSW Ministry of Transport
- Manly High Speed Ferry Service NSW eTendering 10 August 2009
- Contract Notice Award Detail Archived 13 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine NSW eTendering 8 March 2010
- About us Sydney Fast Ferries
- Battle to be the last fast ferry on the harbour Sydney Morning Herald 9 April 2010
- Timetable Manly Fast Ferries
- Fast Ferry Service Contract between Circular Quay and Manly NSW eTendering 17 July 2014
- Opinions of commuters wanted on four fast ferry tenderers Manly Daily 12 November 2014
- Terry Dodd has each way bet on Manly fast ferries tender Sydney Morning Herald 3 December 2014
- Cheaper fares, more services and new vessels for Manly Fast Ferry customers Archived 17 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine Transport for NSW 13 December 2014
- MFF wins tender Manly Fast Ferry 13 December 2014
- Rough seas in new fast ferry deal involving the two current operators Daily Telegraph 26 March 2015
- Sydney Adventure Cruises Sydney Adventure Cruises Retrieved 3 April 2015