Bass & Flinders Cruises
|Headquarters||Sans Souci, Sydney, Australia|
|Subsidiaries||Manly Fast Ferry|
Bass & Flinders Cruises trading as Manly Fast Ferry commenced operating the service on 10 February 2009 on an interim basis until March 2010.
On 1 April 2010, Sydney Fast Ferries commenced a five-year franchise to operate the service. The service only operates during peak-hour on weekdays. However Manly Fast Ferry continued to operate services between Circular Quay Wharf 6 and Manly East Pier via Taronga Zoo and Watsons Bay.
In July 2014, expressions of interest were sought for the next franchise with Bass & Flinders Cruises, SeaLink Travel Group, Sydney Fast Ferries and Transit Systems responding. In December 2014, the franchise was awarded to Bass & Flinders Cruises.
Operations commenced on 1 April 2015 with three existing vessels from Bass & Flinders fleet along with two leased vessels. Four new Incat built vessels were delivered by the end of 2015, two were 24 metre ferries and two were 33 metres. In 2017 the company ordered a third 33 metre fast ferry from Incat.
- Andrews, Graeme (1975). The Ferries of Sydney. Brookvale: JW Books. pp. 53–56. ISBN 0 589071 72 6.
- Calls for Expressions of Interest for Manly Fast Ferry Minister for Transport 9 December 2008
- Jet Car Withdrawal and Manly Fast Ferry Commencement NSW Ministry of Transport
- Manly High Speed Ferry Service NSW eTendering 10 August 2009
- Contract Notice Award Detail Archived 13 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine. NSW eTendering 8 March 2010
- About us Archived 4 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Sydney Fast Ferries
- Battle to be the last fast ferry on the harbour Sydney Morning Herald 9 April 2010
- Fast Ferry Service Contract between Circular Quay and Manly NSW eTendering 17 July 2014
- Opinions of commuters wanted on four fast ferry tenderers Manly Daily 12 November 2014
- Terry Dodd has each way bet on Manly fast ferries tender Sydney Morning Herald 3 December 2014
- Cheaper fares, more services and new vessels for Manly Fast Ferry customers Transport for NSW 13 December 2014
- MFF wins tender Manly Fast Ferry 13 December 2014
- Rough seas in new fast ferry deal involving the two current operators Daily Telegraph 26 March 2015
- Tasmanian shipbuilder Incat wins contract to build four Manly fast ferries ABC News 2 May 2015
- Incat scores multi-million dollar Manly ferry coup Hobart Mercury 3 May 2015
- Hull 092 Incat
- Eco Hopper Bass & Flinders
- NRMA invests in Manly Fast Ferry NRMA 7 December 2017