Circular Quay ferry wharf
This article needs to be updated.(September 2015)
Alfred Street, Sydney|
New South Wales
|Owned by||Roads & Maritime Services|
|Operated by||Harbour City Ferries|
|Platforms||5 wharves (10 berths)|
|Previous names||Circular Quay Ferry Terminal (–2013)|
The Circular Quay ferry wharf complex consists of five double sided wharves at 90 degrees to the shoreline, numbered 2 to 6. Wharves 3 to 5 are used exclusively by Sydney Ferries, wharf 2 west is used by Sydney Ferries, wharf 2 east is used by Manly Fast Ferries by while wharf 6 is used by other operators including Captain Cook Cruises. Each wharf has ticket selling facilities on both sides of the barriers as most other wharves do not have such facilities.
On the eastern side alongside Bennelong Apartments, is the Eastern Pontoon used by charter operators. On the western side, lie the Commissioners Steps and Harbour Masters Steps that are used by charter operators and water taxis.
When the Port Jackson & Manly Steamship Company introduced hydrofoils to the Manly service in the mid-1960s, a pontoon was attached to the eastern side of wharf 2 to allow the hydrofoils to berth without their foils fouling the wharf. This was removed when the hydrofoils were replaced by JetCats in 1991.
Wharf 3 is exclusively used by ferries on the Manly service. When the Freshwater class ferries were introduced in the 1980s, the wharf was rebuilt to accommodate their onboard gangways. It has a mezzanine level allowing ferries to disembark passengers from their upper decks. It also houses an office for Harbour City Ferries. To better accommodate the larger ferries, wharf 3 is built higher from the water and this combined with differently configured Opal card readers, means only Manly ferries can use the wharf.
Wharves 2 West, 4 and 5 are used interchangeably by Sydney Ferries.
|Manly Fast Ferry|||
|6||Lane Cove River|||
|Sydney Harbour Eco Hopper||Tourist Hop on/Hop off service around Sydney Harbour|||
Map of Circular Quay Interchange (PDF)|
by Transport for New South Wales, updated 2017.
|The transport facilities in the Circular Quay precinct|
The Circular Quay ferry wharf complex is adjacent to an elevated railway station of the same name. The station is served by Sydney Trains services on the Airport, Inner West & South Line and the Bankstown Line.
- "F2 Taronga Zoo ferry timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Manly Fast Ferry timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "F1 Manly ferry timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "F5 Neutral Bay ferry timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "F6 Mosman Bay ferry timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "F7 Double Bay timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "F3 Parramatta River ferry timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "F4 Cross Harbour ferry timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Lane Cove Ferry timetable" (PDF). Captain Cook Cruises. 9 April 2018.
- "Harbour Explorer timetable" (PDF). Captain Cook Cruises. 14 May 2015.
- "Watsons Bay Rocket timetable" (PDF). Captain Cook Cruises. 7 April 2015.
- "Eco Hopper Timetable". Bass & Flinders. 5 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Circular Quay ferry wharf, Sydney.|