Sylvestra Le Touzel
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
|Sylvestra Le Touzel|
|Born||1958 (age 57–58)
Jersey, Channel Islands
|Spouse(s)||Owen Teale (2001-present)|
Her first television role was in the Doctor Who story The Mind Robber, playing one of the children who bedevil the Second Doctor and his companions in the 'Land of Fiction'. She co-starred in the BBC Schools "Look and Read" series, playing Helen in their 1971 cult serial The Boy from Space, which was re-edited with a new introduction in 1980. A well-known early role was that of Fanny Price in the BBC dramatisation of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park (1983).
Le Touzel has also been seen on the small screen in shows as diverse as Dixon of Dock Green, The Brontes of Haworth, The Uninvited, The Professionals, Lovejoy, Alas Smith and Jones, Midsomer Murders, My Family and The Long Walk to Finchley (as Patricia Hornsby-Smith). In 1994 she played Sarah Teale in the TV series Between the Lines. In 2007, she also played the role of Mrs Allen in the ITV adaptation of Northanger Abbey. She has also played Harriet Waterhouse in the ITV drama Bonkers.
She also appeared in a classic Heineken advert "The Water in Majorca" with Bryan Pringle. This advert, first aired in 1985, was ranked at number 9 in Campaign Live's 2008 list of the "Top 10 Funniest TV Ads of All Time", and at number 29 in Channel 4's list of the "100 Greatest TV Ads" in 2000.
In 2015 Le Touzel appeared as Sandra Kendrick in the BBC TV series Death in Paradise episode 4.7
In 2012 film Cloud Atlas, she portrayed three different characters through the movie: Haskell Moore's Dinner Guest 5, Nurse Judd and Aide in Slaughtership.
Le Touzel married Welsh actor Owen Teale in 2001 (after meeting during a production of Henry IV in 1991), and they have two children together. Le Touzel is a supporter of charitable theatre and is currently (as of 2014) a patron of Montage Theatre Arts in London along with fellow British actress Debby Bishop.
- "Look and Read: The Boy From Space (1971)". Broadcast for Schools. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Look and Read: The Boy From Space (1980)". Broadcast for Schools. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Sue Parrill, Jane Austen on film and television: a critical study (2002), p. 84
- "Bonkers". The Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- "Heineken commercial - Water In Majorca". Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- "The Top 10 funniest TV ads of all time". Campaignlive.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Fun Facts". UK TV Adverts. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- [dead link]
- "Montage Theatre Arts » Sylvestra Le Touzel: patron since 2005". Montagetheatre.com. Retrieved 2015-08-12.