TEG (board game)
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Setup time||5–10 minutes|
|Playing time||1–8 (or more) hours (player dependent)|
|Skill(s) required||Tactics, Strategy, and Negotiation|
TEG follows a gameplay quite similar to the strategy board game Risk, since it also features a board divided in many different regions and sub-regions along with the implementation of dice to decide battle results.
The goal of the game is to be the first player to fulfill the requisites of an objective, without mattering whether it is the common objective or the secret objective.
The Common objective is to conquer 30 countries; this objective is the same for all players.
Apart from the common objective, players have a secret objective; unlike the common objective, the secret objective is:
- Hidden to other players
- Unique, it varies per player
The board is divided into six continents which consist of a certain number of countries each; the total number of countries present in the game board is 50. These countries were randomly selected, and continents are slightly misrepresented.
The 50 Countries sorted into their respective continents are the following:
- TEG 2, an advanced version of TEG with different types of armies.
- TEG: La Revancha, an advanced version of TEG with same core rules, but far more countries and the addition of missiles.
The game appeared once in the film Kamchatka. Although the film takes place in 1976 and their protagonists (Ricardo Darín and Cecilia Roth) are shown playing TEG, the game was still not released for public sale.
It has been also referenced in a diapers TV advertisement, in which -among other criteria- the mother and the father play TEG in order to decide who cleans the baby ("China ataca Kamchatka" : "China attacks Kamchatka" the woman says).
- (in Spanish) Tegnerd - TEGnet online community.
- (in Spanish) TEGnet - freeware computer version of TEG.
- Tenes Empanadas Graciela - a free software version of TEG for UNIX-like systems
- (in Spanish) Planeta TEG - TEGnet online community.
- (in Spanish) Rules for TEG
- Plan Táctico y Estratégico de la Guerra at BoardGameGeek