|Turner Network Television|
|Launched||September 17, 1993 (As Turner Classic Movies)|
September 21, 2018 (As TNT)
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Europe|
|Picture format||16:9, 576i (SDTV) (Africa)|
4:3, 576i (SDTV) (MENA)
|Broadcast area||Arab world and Africa|
Great Marlborough Street,
London, United Kingdom
|Formerly called||TNT Classic Movies (1993-1999)|
Turner Classic Movies (1999-2018)
Cartoon Network Arabic
Cartoon Network Hindi
|beIN (MENA)||Channel 63|
Turner Network Television (TNT) is a European-managed pay television channel centred towards movies. This version of the channel is available in Africa and the Arab world. In the Arab world, TNT has a unique schedule, it broadcasts in 4:3, and Arabic subtitles are optional.
TNT MENA started broadcasting on January 1, 2016, the date when it separated from TNT Africa and became an independent feed. TNT Middle East is exclusively available on BeIN. In Africa, TNT is exclusively available on DStv and Black.
The African website name is TCMAfrica.com which launched in 2010.
Turner Classic Movies Africa switched to 16:9 Widescreen on 15 November 2015. On December 27, 2015, Turner Classic Movies stopped broadcasting on OSN and moved to beIN in the Arab world. This was the result of an agreement between Turner Broadcasting System Europe and beIN which moved all Turner-owned pay TV channels to that satellite TV operator, including TCM, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang. On January 1, 2016, TCM MEA split into TCM Africa and TCM MENA. On September 21, 2018 TCM rebranded into TNT with this version being a movie channel carrying a bit of TCM in its line-up for a modern audience across South Africa on DStv and Black. The rebranding allowed TCM Africa to offer such films as Doom, Gladiator The Green Mile, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, The Illusionist, Robin Hood, and Tango & Cash for at least two days.. From Tuesday 18 December 2018 TNT and Cartoon Network switched to High Definition on DStv.
- "الإعلامية و تيرنر يوقعان مجموعة beIN شراكة تفاقية" [BeIN Group signs media partnership with Turner]. beIN Media Group. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "No Cartoon Network on OSN from January 16". Emirates 24/7. 24 December 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Turner Signs Cartoon Network Distribution Deal With beIN". Regular Capital. 30 December 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "TNT Africa launches rebranded entertainment channel". Biz Community. 21 September 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Cartoon Network and TNT to launch in HD on DStv". Gem Nation. 17 December 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Cartoon Network Africa HD To Launch On DStv 18th December". Regular Capital. 5 December 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.