This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||London, United Kingdom|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Parent||Red Bee Media|
TV Genius was a United Kingdom-based software company that specialized in TV search engines, TV recommendation engines, and EPG development. It was acquired by Red Bee Media in August 2011, themselves acquired by Ericsson in July 2013. TV Genius became an integral part of the RedDiscovery portfolio with its core work related to TV solutions provided across TV, mobile, web, set top boxes, and devices like PlayStation and Nintendo Wii. The company worked with television operators in pay TV, IPTV, TV listings publishers, and mobile TV providers. It was known for its 3-screen TV search and for developing the Facebook-integrated EPG.
- Content Discovery Platform: delivers a content personalized TV search that provides relevant recommendations for viewers. The TV Genius Content Discovery Platform has been deployed in 8 different languages.
- TV and VOD Search: Searches television listings and Video on Demand content, enabling search by keyword, actor, genre and time.
- TV Content Recommendations: promotes targeted TV recommendations based on Bayes' theorem that are contextual and relevant to the viewer.
- Remote Record: allows multiple users to remotely record TV shows or TV series on a set top box using SMS or a smartphone application.
- Online TV Guides: includes recommendation, remote record, push-reminders and personalisation features.
- Connected EPG: includes personalisation features can be deployed on Wii, PlayStation and other connected devices.
- mobile app development: includes interactive elements, personalisation, and remote record features for TV-based mobile apps.
- Social Content Discovery: uses social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook to offer real-time recommendations and personalisation.
- Founded in 2005
- On 10 February 2010, TV Genius joined the NDS Group Recommendations Engine Partner Programme.
- On 17 February 2010, Freeview used TV Genius listings software in its iPhone app. On 15 March IP Vision announced their use of TV Genius' Content Discovery Platform in their FetchTV service.
- On 29 April 2010, GeniZenterio, the Swedish iptv specialists, integrated the TV Genius Content Discovery platform into their own platform
- In October 2010, SES incorporated TV Genius' Content Discovery Platform into its new website.
- In January 2011, Amino Communications and Intel partnered to launch a "companion" set-top box at CES. The device (called the Freedom Jump) was designed to complement existing cable and satellite set-top boxes with OTT content. TV Genius developed the EPG for the Freedom Jump.
- On 29 March 2011, TV Genius added a backwards scrolling feature to their EPG solutions, allowing catch up content to be mapped into the TV guide
- In April 2011, TV Genius deployed an online TV guide for Scottish Television
- On 6 June 2011, TV Genius released a new social TV statistics service, allowing Twitter to be integrated into content discovery solutions.
- On 11 July 2011, TV Genius added a Facebook-integrated TV Guide to the Content Discovery Platform software
- On 3 August 2011, it was announced that TV Genius was being acquired by Red Bee Media 
- On 4 June 2010 TV Genius was selected for a Top 100 Red Herring Europe Tech Start-Up Award
- On 13 September 2010 TV Genius was amongst the Guardian's Tech Media Invest 100 companies in the 'Advertising and Search' category
- On 26 October 2010 TV Genius won the Content, Entertainment, Applications and Services section of the Broadband InfoVision Awards
- On 28 February 2011 the TV app "Astra Recommends" won first prize in the Samsung Smart TV Challenge. The recommendations component of the app was powered by TV Genius.
- On 4 August 2011 TV Genius' social content discovery feature was shortlisted for the "Search and Content Discovery" prize at the Connected World Awards
- "Red Bee boosts content discovery with TV Genius buy". advanced-television.com. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Red Bee Media to acquire TV Genius
- "Ericsson to acquire leading media services company Red Bee Media" (Press release). Ericsson. 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- Looking for TV Genius?
- Julian Clover. "TV Genius launches 3-screen TV search". Broadband TV News. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Duo launch TV genius search engine". broadcastnow.co.uk. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "TV Genius launches converged three-screen search and recommendation engine". Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- "openPR.com - Press release - NDS Group Ltd. - TV Genius Joins NDS Recommendations Engine Partner Programme". openpr.com. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Freeview uses TV Genius in iPhone app". broadcastnow.co.uk. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Robert Briel. "Fetch TV chooses TV Genius navigation". Broadband TV News. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Zenterio integrates TV Genius platform
- Julian Clover. "Astra adds TV Genius to relaunched website". Broadband TV News. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Andy Finney ATSF for the Digital TV Group. "DTG :: News :: TV Genius unveil Facebook-integrated TV Guide". dtg.org.uk. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Clover, Julian (3 August 2011). "Red Bee buys TV Genius". Broadband TV News. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- "Tech media invest 100". The Guardian. London. 13 September 2010.
- "CORRECTING and REPLACING Broadband InfoVision Awards Winners Announced - Business Wire". businesswire.com. 3 November 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "samsungsmarttvchallenge.eu". samsungsmarttvchallenge.eu. Retrieved 2 October 2015.