Talk:1889–90 Sheffield United F.C. season
|1889–90 Sheffield United F.C. season has been listed as one of the Sports and recreation good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject Football||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Yorkshire||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:1889–90 Sheffield United F.C. season/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Just minor changes needed, otherwise happy to pass:
- "With a team assembled over the summer months United played their first..." place comma between months and United
- Well-financed should be hyphenated, given that it isn't postpositive.
- "taking on Birmingham St. George's" → "against Birmingham St. George's"
- "it had become clear that a better quality of player", should that be plural? "better quality players" – especially given there is no 'I' in team.
- "Ironically their first two new signings were a Scot" place comma between 'Ironically' and 'their'
- Remove wiklink on FA Cup heading
- "...another Lancashire side in the next round; Bolton Wanderers..." replace semicolon with em or en dash
Appearances and goals
- Nationality not available for 'T. Wilson' I'd imagine?
- I've done all the changes as above. As per T. Wilson yes, it looks a bit odd that he has no nationality but there isn't really an elegant way of doing 'unknown' in that format. It's a pretty good bet that he'll have been English as the most likely source would be an amateur player from the local leagues, but then again he could be one of the random Scots that United were keen on signing at that time. Unfortunately as it was against the rules to play him the club presumably decided to hide his identity so I figured it's best not to draw a conclusion that I can't really reference. I've added the note ref link against him in that list though to help clarify. Bladeboy1889 (talk) 06:58, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
in the FA Cup Fourth qualifying round the goal scorer is Anon but there is no player in the team of this name. Is it an own goal or is the player unknown. Whichever I think that some note needs to be made to explain the situation. Keith D (talk) 11:24, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- The scorer was not recorded - I've switched these from 'Anonymous' to 'Unknown' which is probably more correct anyway.Bladeboy1889 (talk) 11:59, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 1889–90 Sheffield United F.C. season. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120502140012/http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/Home to http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/Home
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.