Talk:2006 FIFA World Cup
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 2006 FIFA World Cup article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|2006 FIFA World Cup is a former featured article candidate. Please view the links under Article milestones below to see why the nomination failed. For older candidates, please check the archive.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This talk page is automatically archived by Lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 21 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
also a re-FIFA World Cup
From the lead section (the first was in 1974 as West Germany and also a re-FIFA World Cup. What is a "re-FIFA" World Cup? The phrasing with the also implies that we already know 2006 was a re-Fifa WC, but I don't see it mentioned anywhere else in lead(or article). Anyone have any clarification on this? I'm not familiar with the term, and google brings up nothing. WikiVirusC(talk) 15:02, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 21 June 2018
|This edit request has been answered. Set the |
The bribery section as first and characterizing topic is outrageous. It is pure anti-German propaganda, probably written by British or Polish haters, with their obsession of evil Germany (one time Nazi always Nazi).
None of the bribery allegations have been proven.
Besides, several other recent World Cups involved bribery and corruption of the FIFA.
Thus, I demand that theses articles are similarly organized: Bribery and even non-proven allegations etc. as first paragraph. Otherwise this article on the World Cup 2006 should be changed in a fair manner.2001:628:2120:604:8D2D:518C:9FB0:3CD5 (talk) 13:19, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
- Not done: please provide reliable sources that support the change you want to be made. - FlightTime (open channel) 16:24, 22 June 2018 (UTC)
- It is so absurd: These bribery and corruption ALLEGATIONS are not proven, but should characterize the extremely successful World Cup in the English Wikipedia. The anti-German attitude is so obvious.
The bias is clear when we look at other World Cup articles:
- 2002: It is not even mentioned that the votes for the bid were directly bought. Moreover, the serious manipulation allegations concerning South Koreas wins are mentioned in a single sentence at the end of the article. Both has to be moved to the beginning, if there are not double standards.
- 1998: A small bribery section compared to the inflated section of the 2006 World Cup.
- 1994: The central figure of bringing the World Cup to the US was one of the most corrupt FIFA officials, Chuck Blazer, but he is not even mentioned in the article. It is most unlikely that no corruption was involved. However, typically for this Wikipedia like everything that happens in English speaking countries seems wonderful, white-washed, while all other World Cups are allegedly corrupted.
- 1990 to 1930: Everything appears to be clean, but who can believe this nonsense. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 08:54, 29 July 2018 (UTC)