Talk:2008–09 Australian bushfire season
|WikiProject Australia||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|A news item involving 2008–09 Australian bushfire season was featured on Wikipedia's main page in the In the news section on 31 January 2009.|
I deleted 'On 30 March, two fires began, a 1,000 hectare fire in the Glenelg Ranges in Gippsland, and a 100 hectare fire near Bright'. Query 'Glenelg Ranges in Gippsland'. I'm not aware of any with this name and couldn't find a reference to them. I know the area pretty well. Where are they? If we can clear it up it could go back in.Wodawik (talk) 01:46, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- 1. Remember that hundreds of fires are burning all over the country during the summer months, many of these are grass and scrub fires. Many fires are left to burn on public land and many are controlled only until they are contained. For the sake of being concise, these fires should not be included in this article.
- 2. Fires that pose a threat to private property are particularly notable as the likelyhood of such fires occuring so close to urban areas is quite low, they also affect the surrounding community in many different ways.
- 3. Large fire complexes (multiple fires that combine) should be included.
- 4. Fires listed as medium and large on the CFA Incident Summary (and other state equivilents) should be included, provided they are not merely extensive grass fires burning in secluded areas.
- 5.1 Feel free to further refine these guidelines.
- 5.2 These guidelines are also included in the other Australian bushfire season articles so make sure your updates are included in these articles too.
- 5.3 A template of these guidelines should be made at a future date for better organisation.
Surely we should add a section here on today's Dandenong and Muskvale fires. 2 firetrucks and 1 house have been lost near Belgrave Heights and 3 firefighters injured and also posed great threat for suburbia. The Muskvale fire has spread over 2000ha. Are they notable enough?
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|it might be good if someone includes the bushfires in malmsbury victoria in late January 2009.
heres a news article on the subject: http://leader-news.whereilive.com.au/news/story/bushfire-alert-near-towns-of-malmsbury-and-taradale-in-melbournes-north/
Last edited at 17:39, 25 November 2011 (UTC). Substituted at 06:01, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 8 external links on 2008–09 Australian bushfire season. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090118001216/http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/incident_updates.htm to http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/incident_updates.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0%2C21985%2C24980246-2862%2C00.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0%2C27574%2C24986703-2862%2C00.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0%2C22606%2C24906863-2682%2C00.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0%2C25197%2C24992610-12377%2C00.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/02/15/2491965.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081219000948/http://sentinel.ga.gov.au/acres/sentinel/index.shtml to http://sentinel.ga.gov.au/acres/sentinel/index.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080809062741/http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenfoe.nsf/LinkView/FBC1ECBC6FD5A19ACA25729C0081FC40FD22C5DB48AC2B75CA256DAB0027ED4E to http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenfoe.nsf/LinkView/FBC1ECBC6FD5A19ACA25729C0081FC40FD22C5DB48AC2B75CA256DAB0027ED4E
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.