|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Acoustic emission article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Physics / Acoustics||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Page title / proposed move
I see no sufficient reason to have a hyphen in the page title. Also, the word technique is inadequate to establish the scope of the topic; test would be preferable. Therefore I think the article should be moved to Acoustic emission test. DFH 14:23, 13 January 2007 (UTC)
- I would have to agree, well at least in part. Acoustic Emission (AE) is well studied and field proven test method. I would vote for the page to be renamed "Acoustic Emission (AE) Testing". This is how it is referred to in the scientific world. The ASNT Nondestructive Testing Handbook Vol.6 Third Edition is devoted to this topic, "Acoustic Emission Testing". This also the name given by the "European Working Group for Acoustic Emission Testing" www.EWGAE.com MGBaxter 18:59, 13 January 2007 (UTC)
- Unless anyone objects beforehand, I will implement the move tomorrow at the earliest. DFH 17:38, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
- Move just implemented. [[User:David 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Wikify and Cleanup
As part of the Wikify project, I've cleaned the mark-up for this article. This has included some editing to improve the structure and links, hopefully maintaining the intended focus on the application of Acoustic Emission as an NDT technique. I have tried to avoid altering the factual content, but would concede that my efforts to improve the readability of the article may have had that effect. Please correct any errors I may have introduced.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Acoustic emission. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111227105512/http://www.pacuk.co.uk:80/default.asp?id=53 to http://www.pacuk.co.uk/default.asp?id=53
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.