|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Currently the article says "As part of the Tudor suppression of Irish Monasteries at the end of the 16th century, the Augustinians were driven out of Adare and had moved to Limerick City by 1633." Yet the Dictionary of National Biography Volume XVI, page 320–327 says "A detachment crossed the Shannon, and Bunratty was burned by its garrison, though it had taken the confederate Catholics much pains to win. 'We stormed and burned the abbey of Adare, held by the rebels, where four friars were burned and three took prisoners'(Rushworth, vii. 788.)." which suggests that in 1646 there were some friars in residence at the Abby over one hundred years the Tudor suppression of Irish Monasteries. I suggest that the article needs verification. --PBS (talk) 18:08, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
I think that information from St Nicholas' National School should be incorporated into this article. The school itself is probably not notable enough for its own article, but if included in this article, it would convey information about the modern usage of the friary, which is absent from this article. Waistlesselk (talk) 22:08, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Adare Friary. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110202212320/http://limerick.anglican.org:80/page17.html to http://www.limerick.anglican.org/page17.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101021083022/http://www.stnicholasns.ie:80/history.html to http://www.stnicholasns.ie/history.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120328130436/http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/adare_school_1_2178866 to http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/adare_school_1_2178866
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101021083109/http://www.stnicholasns.ie:80/new_school.html to http://www.stnicholasns.ie/new_school.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.