|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Questions and comments
1. "Apollodorus (3.12.6) informs that the river Asopus was a son of Oceanus and Tethys or according to Acusilaus of Poseidon by Pero (otherwise unknown to us) or according to yet others of Zeus by Eurynome, not making it clear whether he knows there is more than one river named Asopus."
Who are these "others"?
2. "Oroe, a tributary river of Boeotian Asopus is called by Herodotus (9.51.2) and Pausanias (9.4.4) daughter of Asopus."
This sentence needs to be reworked. I'm not sure how it should be fixed.
3. "Finally Antiope mother of Amphion and Zethus by Zeus is sometimes a daughter of Asopus."
What are the sources for both fathers?
4. "Pausanias (1.12.4) writes that during the reign of Aras, the first earth-born king of Sicyonian land, Asopus, said to be son of Poseidon by Celusa (this Celusa otherwise unknown but possibly identical to Pero mentioned above?)"
The question mark should be eliminated. It's not part of the actual text.
5. "Later texts mostly speak of Zeus' abduction of Aegina, presented as a solitary abduction."
Who wrote these "later texts"?
6. Isemenus or Ismenus? I see two spellings. Are they both correct?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Asopus. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20040406071949/http://www.theoi.com:80/Okeanos/Asopos.html to http://www.theoi.com/Okeanos/Asopos.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071005002347/http://www.ancientlibrary.com/gazetteer/0057.html to http://www.ancientlibrary.com/gazetteer/0057.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.