|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Questions and comments
1. "Apollodorus (3.12.6) informs that the river Asopus was a son of Oceanus and Tethys or according to Acusilaus of Poseidon by Pero (otherwise unknown to us) or according to yet others of Zeus by Eurynome, not making it clear whether he knows there is more than one river named Asopus."
Who are these "others"?
2. "Oroe, a tributary river of Boeotian Asopus is called by Herodotus (9.51.2) and Pausanias (9.4.4) daughter of Asopus."
This sentence needs to be reworked. I'm not sure how it should be fixed.
3. "Finally Antiope mother of Amphion and Zethus by Zeus is sometimes a daughter of Asopus."
What are the sources for both fathers?
4. "Pausanias (1.12.4) writes that during the reign of Aras, the first earth-born king of Sicyonian land, Asopus, said to be son of Poseidon by Celusa (this Celusa otherwise unknown but possibly identical to Pero mentioned above?)"
The question mark should be eliminated. It's not part of the actual text.
5. "Later texts mostly speak of Zeus' abduction of Aegina, presented as a solitary abduction."
Who wrote these "later texts"?
6. Isemenus or Ismenus? I see two spellings. Are they both correct?