|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Assist (Scientology) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Scientology||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|The Arbitration Committee has authorized uninvolved administrators to impose discretionary sanctions on users who edit pages related to Scientology, including this article.
Provided the awareness criteria are met, discretionary sanctions may be used against editors who repeatedly or seriously fail to adhere to the purpose of Wikipedia, any expected standards of behaviour, or any normal editorial process.
Neutral Point of View
Unconscious person assist
It's wrong to say "The idea is to reach ... the person's Thetan." because a person doesn't HAVE a thetan, he or she IS the thetan! Further explanation from: http://www.scientology.org/gloss.htm#t
"thetan: an immortal spiritual being; the human soul. The term soul is not used because it has developed so many other meanings from use in other religions and practices that it doesn’t describe precisely what was discovered in Scientology. We use the term thetan instead, from the Greek letter theta (Theta), the traditional symbol for thought or life. One does not have a thetan, something one keeps somewhere apart from oneself; one is a thetan. The thetan is the person himself, not his body or his name or the physical universe, his mind or anything else. It is that which is aware of being aware; the identity which IS the individual." Johnalexwood (talk) 13:29, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
- And so we see the problem of creating articles interpreted directly from primary sources. We (as editors) should look for secondary sources for correct interpretation. Richard-of-Earth (talk) 21:08, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
- The statement "The idea is to reach not only the person's subconscious mind, but the person's Thetan." doesn't seem to be supported directly by the citation, but I've been wrong about these things before. I propose the sentence be removed, unless some other citation is found. Richard-of-Earth (talk) 21:08, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Assist (Scientology). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160303233245/http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1798 to http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1798
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100524234055/http://www.rehabilitatenz.co.nz/pages/assists-handbook.html to http://www.rehabilitatenz.co.nz/pages/assists-handbook.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.