Talk:Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
|WikiProject Australia||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Finance||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Who owns APRA?
The current article states that APRA is an independent statutory authority of the Commonwealth Government.
However, an article in the SMH appears to contradict this:
- Who owns APRA? It is a private authority funded by its members, the banks and insurance companies which it also regulates.
- It is, moreover, a secretive organisation which prefers to work behind the scenes. Some of this work is rumoured to be quite good. It is said to have been proactive for instance on the non-bank holding company restructure and recapitalisation of Macquarie Group before the credit crisis hit.
Should there be a list of failures under APRA. These would include HIH, NAB FX and Homeside, Opes Prime, Storm Financial,MFS, Westpoint, TRIO, Banksia (not under APRA but should it have been?). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:01, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
Opes Prime, Storm Financial, MFS, Westpoint, Banksia were not regulated by APRA so are not relevant. NAB FX and Homeside were not "failures".
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060911090914/http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/bd/1997-98/98bd203.htm to http://www.aph.gov.au/LIBRARY/Pubs/bd/1997-98/98bd203.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.