Talk:Battle of Hòa Bình
|WikiProject Vietnam||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
houston we have a problem...
french union: 436 killed viet minh: 3,455 killed
viet minh victory? there's a math problem here isn't?? :) Paris By Night 22:10, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
- My guess would be because French forces retreated from the area following the battle. Technically, the Battle of Kursk was a Russian victory, despite the Russians taking significantly heavier casualties than the Germans. So it's a Tactical French Victory, Strategic Viet Minh Victory Cam (Chat) 05:43, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
Tactically it's a french victory: all the viet minh assaults were crushed. Strategic point of view: yes the french retreated but they suffered no loss during this retreat so it is not totally a strategic victory for viet minh.clems78
From the beginning, French Union forces sought to draw the Việt Minh out to fight on French terms; however, they subsequently went on the defensive as General Võ Nguyên Giáp continued to put heavy pressure on French positions. French loss Hoa binh, this is Vietminh's victoryThandieu123 (talk) 15:51, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
- First of all the Bold, Revert, Discuss cycle needs to be followed per WP:BRD so pls do not add this material until a consensus is established. Secondly, and I'll be quite frank, given the history of sock puppetry on this article I'm suspicious of whether good faith is being shown here. What accessible reliable sources, that can be verified by other users, are there that support your opinion about this (see WP:RS and WP:V)? The one you provided I can't read and given the history here far more evidence is req'd to WP:PROVEIT in my opinion at least. Anotherclown (talk) 22:45, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
- Further to this. I have now added something on the assessment of French and Viet Minh losses from both Tucker and Davidson (once I was able to actually access it) as they fit both seem to the bill as reliable sources and I was able to verify via Google Books. Re your statement above I've requested a citation and given that it appears to be in dispute, discussion and consensus will still be required before any changes are implemented per my last. Anotherclown (talk) 00:21, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Claims made in Battle of Nà Sản about this battle
The article for the Battle of Nà Sản claims that the French were winning when General Salan decided to withdraw the French army. This claim doesn't appear to square with this article. It'd be appreciated if a knowledgeable editor can check the description of the battle on that page. Thanks! Banedon (talk) 04:02, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Battle of Hòa Bình. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070929164553/http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dwgx_bao-dai-decore-des-heros-03011952 to http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dwgx_bao-dai-decore-des-heros-03011952
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070930210227/http://www.historynet.com/magazines/vietnam/3024816.html?page=1&c=y to http://www.historynet.com/magazines/vietnam/3024816.html?page=1&c=y
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.