|WikiProject Food and drink / Beverages||(Rated Start-class)|
|This page was previously nominated for deletion. Please review the discussions if considering re-nomination:|
- R=holy cow, if you care about this that much, please turn off your computer and go meet Mister Sun again at least once before you die.
- B=Bottles of soda
- C=Convenience Stores (includes listed regional/national store chains)
- D=Dance Halls
- F=Grocery Stores (includes regional/national chains)
- G=Gaming centers/centres
- M=More detail provided
- N=Bawls Mints available
- P=Paintball fields
- R=Retail stores
- S=SnoBawls available
- O=Other suppliers
- ?=Data incomplete
- !=Data Argued, provide more detail for this locale below it, parent local tentative until more data is provided.
- 1=Dry region, either lack of soda or lack of niche locales (Paintball, gaming centers/centres)
- 2=Low, niche locales only, light supply
- 3=Medium, niche locales only, good supply
- 4=High, most soda providers available, light supply
- 5=Bawls filled world, most soda providers available, good supply
I don't mean to mock the person who said this, I think it's a good thing to hope for.
Availability by country
- Brazil: BD?
- Canada: M?
- Holland: BG2?
- United Kingdom: M?
- England: 1?
- United States: MR?
- Pinellas Park: BCFGR?3
- Michigan: SG24?!
- Texas: M?
- Dallas: BSC5?
- Wisconsin: BGM2?
- Madison: M?
- Downtown Madision: BCFG4?
- Madison: M?
Known regional/national store chains that carry bawls:
- 7-11: 5 (SnoBawls in Dallas)
- CompUSA (12 pack bottles and Bawls mints in Ohio)
- Target —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 04:57, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Add your locale, rate and keep this list alphabetical by country, then by region, and so on down the line, minimum resolution part of city if there is varience from one area of the city to another. Postal codes and nation > state/provence/etc > city will improve this greatly overall.
Encountered bawls, know it's dry, feel free to add, try to be as tight on the resolution as possible as I do intend to eventaully take this data and create a world map of bawls availability.
Please exclude online retailers in this demographic data. Most cover 1 or more continents and thus would harshly skew results. LAN Parties should also be excluded as they are events, and not suppliers able to provide regular supply.
Some anon just added that it is available at Albertsons and I'm not sure if that is entirely correct. I've never seen it at the Alberstons here in Bend, Oregon. So, is my area just weird, or is this a ficticious statement? Useless Fodder 17:34, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
- It is possible that the particular store or franchise orders it, so reports can vary, a system should probobly be developed to figure out if it's franchise or chain that carries it, CompUSA is a good one for 'chain' but like I noted earlier, places may not carry it even though their chain does. --Ice 06:26, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
In Alberta, Canada 7-ll's carry Bawls, like it's no big thing. Fairly ubiquitous. I have not seen it in paintball supply places here. I have never seen the Bawls Slurpee. *mind boggles* -Dr Haggis - Talk 04:53, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
In South Bend, IN, there is a large supply of Bawls in the regular bottles, although I have yet to see mints. I also found SnoBawls here yesterday, and my local LAN center is getting a machine. Maybe we should update the SnoBawls section, because it appears that it is out of the "beta" and is now being spread to smaller cities.
In (Undisclosed Location), the only place I can buy bawls is this one store run by either italian or greek immagrants and when I buy any, they look at me weird like I'm buying porn.
- You don't. Instead, you try and make every statement about the beverage as suggestive as possible Viewtyjoe 04:36, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
"Hey dude, let's go get some bawls, and maybe afterwards we can play with our wiis!"
- The suggestive name is quite likely the reason for it's overwhelming popularity among nerds. That's half the point of drinking it. Also... "Semen_swapping" Don't even try to say the connection was unintended. Cheers! CKnapp 22:52, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
A quick scan of the article reveals that there is no reference to the suggestive name, or its place in geek culture.
- While relevant to the culture, we'd need documentation before we could include the suggestive name details. --Ice (talk) 15:56, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
The first sentence says that Bawls contains a "relatively large amount of caffeine." Is that just in general because in comparison to coffee I've heard that's not very much JordanZed 14:40, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
- I've found that it's 6.70 mg/fl, so I added to the wiki. Let's hope the admins don't delete it. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:07, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- Go for it! Benjiboi 20:15, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
Is Bawls an energy drink or a soda?
My boyfriend and I were arguing wether or not Bawls was an energy drink or a soda.
Please help. :)
- Energy drinks are a class of soda, where energizing ingredients are considered the major selling point. Some legal details are also involved, but... basically, it's both. --Ice 02:38, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
- Disagree although an advert tag has been added to one section. The whole article needs claen-up which should address the advertising concerns at the same time. Benjiboi 20:16, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
Sounds like an advertisment.
Under 'product line'
The original flavor. It's a huge hit at Paintball grounds and LAN Parties. This product comes in a 10 oz glass bottle and a 16 oz can.
New source found for article
Nothing in this article about how Bawls is impossible to get in Europe? None of the internet sites that sell it can export it outside of the United States. --Ifrit (talk) 13:20, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- ThinkGeek does. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:33, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
It says on the bottles it is Manufactured by BAWLS Miami, FL 33137 and looking around on DuckDuckGO & Google it was taken over by a management company out of Florida.