|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Bechdel test article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Page Name - Bechdel vs. Bechdel-Wallace
Given that Alison Bechdel herself has said she wants it to be referred to as the Bechdel-Wallace test, since Wallace is the one whose idea it actually was and Bechdel was the one who publicized it through her comic, would it not be better to name the page "Bechdel-Wallace test" and have a redirect from "Bechdel test"? Likewise it should be referred to as such throughout, except where noting the alternate form. It just seems appropriate to give credit where due, especially when it's been requested by the current namesake. Felice Enellen (talk) 13:53, 15 July 2017 (UTC)
- I understand why you might think that, but Wikipedia policy is to use the most commonly used name for article topics, see WP:COMMONNAME, not what the topic's creator calls it. "Bechdel test" is clearly more widely used. 14:00, 15 July 2017 (UTC)
Bechdell test in media
I just finished watching Archer season 7 episode 6 "Bel Pante: II" where the female characters are in a room arguing about the male characters when one of them laughs and says, "Suck it, Bechdell test". I thought this might be worth mentioning somewhere in the article JMargulies (talk) 03:13, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, that's what we call "trivia"; we try to avoid writing articles that accumulate such minor examples. See WP:TRIVIA. The place to put such mentions would be TV Tropes. 12:02, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
I think updating the statistics on the movies that pass/fail the bechdel test on bechdeltest.com would he beneficial to this article. It seems the data currently reflects statistics from 2015 that may have been updated on the website since then.Syoung18 (talk) 05:31, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
- Seems like a reasonable thing to do to me. Go right ahead. Tamtrible (talk) 06:43, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bechdel test. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150316161800/http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/article-13243-comic-con-vs-the-bechdel-test.html to http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/article-13243-comic-con-vs-the-bechdel-test.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.