Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Women
|WikiProject Women||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 Bimbo
- 2 Naming biographical articles
- 3 Domestic violence article -- RfC on NPOV
- 4 August 2018 at Women in Red
- 5 RfC at Talk:Martha McSally
- 6 One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
- 7 WikiConference North America 2018 - Scholarships and Submissions - Closing Soon!:
- 8 RD of Aretha Franklin at ITN
Naming biographical articles
I recently created Adele Briscoe Looscan. I created this from her first name, maiden name, married name. This was easy because this is the name she used for her by-line in articles. Bearing in mind WP:MoS#Article titles, any suggestions for a default format? Should I rename this? I have another article which I will release today or tomorrow, so any comments would be appreciated. thanks, Oldsanfelipe (talk) 17:04, 17 July 2018 (UTC)
- The format to use is the most commonly used form, but is set out in a lot of detail at Wikipedia:Naming conventions (people). The form she used in her bylines seems the best choice here. But then we should provide redirects from every other form which is mentioned in the article, or used in any of the sources, or otherwise seems likely. I've added a clutch of redirects to this one. Sometimes, though not this time, creating redirects like that finds a handful of redlinks to turn blue, as when someone is listed in a list of prizewinners under the fullest form of their name. Happy Editing. PamD 18:09, 17 July 2018 (UTC)
Domestic violence article -- RfC on NPOV
Opinions are needed on the following matter: Talk:Domestic violence#Does the article lend undue weight to women as victims and/or their use of self-defense as a reason for domestic violence?? A permalink for it is here. Flyer22 Reborn (talk) 11:57, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
August 2018 at Women in Red
|Women in Red!
Latest headlines, news, and views on the Women in Red talkpage (Join the conversation!):
RfC at Talk:Martha McSally
One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
WikiConference North America 2018 - Scholarships and Submissions - Closing Soon!:
Proposal submissions and scholarship applications are closing soon for WikiConference North America! Both are due by August 15.
You may submit proposals here. For submissions, we are looking forward to seeing proposals for presentations, workshops, roundtables, panels, and more. We also have an academic peer review track this year.
You may apply for a scholarship here. Scholarship applications are open to Wikimedians who live in North America and actively contribute to a Wikimedia project. Scholarship awards are US$500. The Wiki Education Foundation is also providing their own scholarships for presenters participating in the academic peer review option.
WikiConference North America 2018 is taking place in Columbus, Ohio, from October 18-21. Our host is the Ohio State University Libraries, which provides a great opportunity to work with the local libraries and cultural institutions.
RD of Aretha Franklin at ITN
|An item related to this article has been nominated to appear on the main page in the In the news section. You can visit the nomination to take part in the discussion. Editors are encouraged to update the article with information obtained from reliable news sources to include recent events.|
Please remove this template when the nomination process has concluded, replacing it with Template:ITN talk if appropriate.