|Glass Beach (Benicia, California) was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 19 April 2015 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into Benicia, California. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|WikiProject California / San Francisco Bay Area||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Valero Refinery environmental record
There is an unreferenced note that the refinery was among California's top 5 toxic chemical releasing facilities in 1997. I have no idea of the veracity of this statement, which is why I have tagged it with the  tag requesting a citation. Today I scoured the California Department of Toxic Substances Control website and the US Environmental Protection Agency Toxics Release Inventory program website looking for info on this, but did not find any. If somebody else knows where to find this, please point it out.
I also removed the text about flaring, because it did not seem to relate to this article in any substantial way. If you feel this was bad judgment on my part, please add it back in with some relation to the city of Benicia.
Finally, I recognize that not everyone in Benicia is fond of the refinery, as with any industrial complex "in your back yard". However I do not think it is neutral (or fair) to try and single out Valero as a bad citizen. Let's not forget that the the United States Army was responsible for most of the "State Response" sites in the industrial park, some of which are still being cleaned up today (see California DTSC report). Furthermore it is my understanding that this refinery is rated among the safest in the nation by OSHA, and considerably "cleaner" than any of its neighbor refineries in the region.
- Whoops - sorry. Despite what I wrote above, apparently I forgot to actually commit the changes I described. I have done so now- sorry for any confusion. Dgstangel (talk) 07:40, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 7 external links on Benicia, California. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141103002921/http://www.calafco.org/docs/Cities_by_incorp_date.doc to http://www.calafco.org/docs/Cities_by_incorp_date.doc
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100415204246/http://www.sfmuseum.org:80/hist10/phelanhist.html to http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist10/phelanhist.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110725061847/http://www.beniciacommunityarts.org/rb/ArtsInThePark/ to http://www.beniciacommunityarts.org/rb/ArtsInThePark
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6YSasqtfX?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.census.gov%2Fprod%2Fwww%2Fdecennial.html to http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070608051006/http://beniciachamber.com:80/guide/marina.html to http://www.beniciachamber.com/guide/marina.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080128233200/http://capitolmuseum.ca.gov:80/virtualtour.aspx?Content1=1482&content2=1462&content3=344/ to http://capitolmuseum.ca.gov/virtualtour.aspx?Content1=1482&content2=1462&content3=344/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.