|WikiProject Medicine||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Microbiology||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
While the article currently equates Borrelia with Borrelia burgdorferi (agent of Lyme disease), Borrelia is the genus, and it also includes other bacteria such as the agents of Relapsing fever. Many new Borrelia species and strains have been recently discovered according to the Lyme disease article; whether or not some of these belong in the Lyme disease or Relapsing fever category (or another) seems yet to be determined. But they're not all Borrelia burgorferi.--188.8.131.52 19:11, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
Borrelia aren't microaerophilic
According to the source http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16814991 borrelia don't need oxygen. So they aren't microaerophile but obligate anaerobe. This is important for patients, because they should increase their oxygen intake. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:08, 7 November 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, some Borellia are obligate anaerobe and some have aerotolerance according to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16814991. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:11, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
add new borrelia sensus lato especies, borrelia chilensis, recently discovered
The bacteria is said to be potentially pathogenic belonging to the borrelia sensus latu, adding to the hipótesis tha lyme disease could be endemic un south América, refer to this Links: http://www.researchgate.net/publication/258034437_Borrelia_chilensis_a_new_member_of_the_Borrelia_burgdorferi_sensu_lato_complex_that_extends_the_range_of_this_genospecies_in_the_Southern_Hemisphere http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24148079 Laureanolucero (talk) 01:35, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
- See also Identification of a novel pathogenic Borrelia species causing Lyme borreliosis with unusually high spirochaetaemia: a descriptive study
--Lamiot (talk) 20:35, 4 September 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Borrelia. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110613224152/http://www.bacterio.cict.fr/classifphyla.html to http://www.bacterio.cict.fr/classifphyla.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110417022323/http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlPrinter=true&xmlFilePath=journals%2Fijid%2Fvol6n1%2Fborreliosis.xml to http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlPrinter=true&xmlFilePath=journals%2Fijid%2Fvol6n1%2Fborreliosis.xml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.