|WikiProject Computer Security / Computing||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Some Hijackers are legit search engines
The title explains it all. - PGSONIC 12:51, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- well technically it was hijacking in that it was redirecting the user's browser in a way it had not been asked to do. I think you want to say that it is not *malware*...
The flashing image (blinking like crazy) is a sign of receiving malicious advertising content. Turn off computer to cure the flashing. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:31, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
- The page https://malwaretips.com/blogs/appbario-toolbar-removal/ has information about Appbario. If you do enter information about it though, make sure not to write it like a "How to" guide. KirbyMario12345 (talk) 20:23, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
Wouldn't it be worth mentioning that other platforms are almost immune to browser hijacking, and that removing hijackers is much easier thanks to the absence of registry? — Preceding unsigned comment added by AslanYavrusu (talk • contribs) 11:02, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
I had set the site http://nabzsoftware.com/types-of-threats/dregol as one of the references for Dregol. It was all right when I accessed it, and it had been verified. However, Google Chrome is now reporting it as potentially dangerous. Thus, I have removed the source.188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:46, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
Trovi also uses a program called Search Protect. It changes the SE to Trovi Search. Is it the same as Conduit, or is it a different program? I think information about Trovi should be incorporated into this article. KirbyMario12345 (talk) 20:20, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Browser hijacking. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150211102047/https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100811171926EN_EndUserProfile_en_us: to https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100811171926EN_EndUserProfile_en_us:
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.