|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Bufo article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Amphibians and Reptiles||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
"The effect on people, bitten by a toad, is a painful swelling of the skin." Since when has there been a problem with toads biting people? --Aaron Walden 03:28, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
- Could find no reference to toad bites producing any such symptoms in humans, either. Removed it. Tjunier 07:05, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Which declension is bufo? According to one search tool, it is masculine singular nominative, yet I cannot find it in the declension tables. Rintrah 07:57, 30 September 2006 (UTC)
- Nevermind. Rintrah 16:41, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
Contradiction: classification of the Natterjack Toad
This article puts the Natterjack Toad in the genus Bufo, while the article Natterjack Toad puts it in the genus Epidalea. I propose the classification is rectified here. See the discussion at Talk:Natterjack Toad. --Eleassar my talk 10:16, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
Hi, I was wondering whether lengthily dwelling on what types of toads inhabit the British Isles, while only very, very briefly mentioning types of toads found elsewhere in the world does not exhibit a pro-British bias; now, I would have edited the page myself, but I'm not a specialist; so, if anyone could add these bits of information, that would be awesome! Thanks, Hobbitte 00:53, 13 May 2007 (UTC)Hobbitte
I don't know about other (sub)genera, but several authorities, including the IUCN and the AMNH appear to follow Frost's revisions, considering Incilius as a separate genus. On what basis is therefore the claim made that "most herpetologists are retaining the use of Bufo at this time"? — Yerpo Eh? 11:16, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Try this one endorsed by three major societies: The Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles, American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, The Herpetologists’ League.
- Crother, BI (2000) Scientific and Standard English Names of Amphibians and Reptiles North of Mexico, with Comments Regarding Confidence in our Understanding. Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles Herpetological Circulars, Herpetological Circular No. 29.
- OK. Here's the updated version.:
- Crother, BI (2012) Scientific and Standard English Names of Amphibians and Reptiles North of Mexico, with Comments Regarding Confidence in our Understanding. Seventh edition. Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles. Herpetological Circular No. 39.
New species, Incilius aurarius
Please add Incilius aurarius to the list, aka Cuchumatan Golden Toad. Source: Mendelson, Joseph. "A New Golden Toad (Bufonidae: Incilius) from Northwestern Guatemala and Chiapas, Mexico." Journal of Herpetology 46.4 (2012): 473-79.--Animalparty-- (talk) 22:06, 23 December 2013 (UTC) People are apparently confusing it with the extinct Golden Toad of Monteverde.
Very outdated taxonomy
This page seems to have been strongly influenced by the now-minority view retaining Bufo, but I don't know enough about Bufonid taxonomy to thoroughly re-do this. Anyone up for it? HCA (talk) 16:17, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bufo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110726155045/http://www.cnah.org/pdf_files/1225.pdf to http://www.cnah.org/pdf_files/1225.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.