|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Tudor or Stuart?
The article currently has: "Originally a fresh water supply in Tudor times (c.1613)." Shouldn't this be "Stuart", not "Tudor"? The Wikipedia article on the Tudors suggests that the Tudor period ended 1603. But my edit (Tudor--->Stuart) was reversed, making me suspect that the situation is more complex than I thought... 220.127.116.11 20:21, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
- I based the revert on this article. If that is incorrect, feel free to change it to Stuart. IrishGuy 21:38, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
- I've edited the section to remove Tudor and/or Stuart and instead to have a link to the Wikipedia article on the New River as this discusses the history of the creation of the New River in more detail. In summary, Colhurst first proposed the aqueduct in 1602 (Tudor period) but the water did not start to flow until 1613 (Stuart period) - so I don't think the phrase "fresh water supply in Tudor times" is the best description of what happened.18.104.22.168 08:59, 21 May 2006 (UTC)
Canonbury and East Canonbury appear to cover much of the same area, without the later being well defined. Since neither contain much substantive content, and don't have too many links, I'd suggest they be merged into one. Kbthompson 18:02, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
- Agree with the merge, but a massive clean up will be needed. --Regan123 19:39, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Canonbury. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060105070937/http://www.canonbury.ac.uk/?tower to http://www.canonbury.ac.uk/?tower
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.